Thursday 17 March 2022

Faffing Crafting

 Hi all, and Happy St Patrick's Day!  No drowning the shamrock for me, I was out weeding instead LOL!  We get the day off work so I just had to book tomorrow as well, so a nice loooong weekend ahead AND it's supposed to be sunny for the next few days too, yippee!  It would have been great craic to be in Dublin for the parade,  I'd say it would be fun trying to get served at the bar though! 


I've been struggling with my mojo recently so it's been a bit of a battle making these!  This first one was an absolute faff, it started much simpler but then I decided to add the die cuts behind the plants, got them prised off (and ripped half the purple panel in the process), and then the little butterflies and sequins appeared next.  I'm still not 100% thrilled with it, but it's better than it was!



Believe it or not, my layout was inspired by this sketch from Try Stamping on Tuesday #546, but I maybe got a bit lost! 

Addicted to Stamps #425- dies +/or stencils

Daisy Chain #61 - use dies


This Christmas card was another faffing session... that black panel was originally silver, and then white before I could decide what I was doing!  Snowdude from Simon Says Stamp and I think the DP is from MFT.


Layout from Tuesday Morning Sketches #648

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Favourite things - I've used a few favourites here, my snowpeople set, the lovely DP and that fab snowflake!

Pupdate...

Miss Molly has had a busy time recently.  She was in for a wee op a couple of weeks ago but is back to 100% fitness and 100% naughtiness!  She's also been in for her first puppy grooming session since this pic was taken so she can see out now LOL



13 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, Lynne, I love your card for us! The layers are beautiful, and I like your color choices for a sympathy card as well. Gorgeous dies! Thanks so much for playing at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

Patti J said...

I’m in! Hopefully this comment will go through! Don’t know why, but until now, I’ve been unable to get in. Beautiful cards, dear friend! Hope you’re well! Hugs!

Patti J said...

Oh…and I have to tell you that Miss Mollys face just melts my ❤️ heart!

Cheryl W said...

Well, if it's faffing you did, you certainly got some great results from it! I love both your cards. I always love your cards. You have such a great sense for adding and arranging embellishments perfectly. Little Molly is looking cuter by the day. Hope you'll share an "after" pic from the grooming session. My DH has knee replacement surgery in just over a week. Once he recovers from that, we'll be getting our own new furry family member. I'll be sharing some pics, of course.

Sandra H said...

Absolutely stunning as always x

Donna Scholz said...

Lynne, poor Miss Molly. She looks so confused about her new "necklace". Glad she's recovering. Your card is beautiful! I love the contrast of the green leaves against the purple background. I think you did an excellent job using our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch, Lynne! The little purple gems for the butterfly bodies is a nice touch! Thank you for sharing your card and talents with us! I'm glad we could help you with your mojo!!! That's what sketches are all about, right? -Donna

Liz said...

Two super card, Lynne. I especially love the first one, beautiful colour combination. xx

foleysfriend said...

Gorgeous die cuts in the first card. I love your interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

sue n.

Melissa Craig said...

Both cards are lovely! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Laurie Unger said...

I can still see the bones of the sketch on the first card, and I like it. Pretty colors for a sympathy card. Thanks for playing over at TSOT.

Debbie said...

these are both wonderful!!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie - TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Sarah said...

You are far too hard on yourself Lynne, these are fabulous cards!! Just look at gorgeous Mollie!! Too cute!! xx

Donna Scholz said...

Congratulations, Lynne! Your lovely card has been chosen as one of Try Stampin' on Tuesday's "Top 3" for challenge #546!!! -Donna