Saturday 5 March 2022

Lots of flowers!

 Hi all!  Such a beautiful spring day we had today, blue skies all the way but cold cold air and reckon there'll be another hard frost tonight.  Our daffs are all starting to bloom, so it was perfect timing to ink up one of my new stamps from Sweet Sentiment - a new to me brand from a new to me craft website, Jude Creates ... How did I only come across this Belfast based store now?!!!!

Coloured with polychromos; clear gloss added to the daffodil and glitter to the flower centre; die cut panel from Simply Graphic.   It needed a wee something to finish it off and this skinny strip of leftover yellow did the trick ☺. Looking at it now though I wonder why I bothered cutting that bottom triangle when I could just have simply embossed the corner?


Layout based on Stick it Down March sketch

As You Like It - interactive or not?  I'm definitely in the 'not' camp as they're something I never make!  I think the most interactive I get is an action wobble (when I can find them that is!) 

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - add a die cut


THis second card uses an oldie from Colorado Crafts.  I got my watercolour pencils out for a change, I'm always a bit frustrated though when I use watercolours as my card usually ends up warping a bit, I obviously don't tape it down enough.


Time Out #208 - 8th birthday challenge 

Layout from Freshly Made Sketches #525

9 comments:

Tammy Folk said...

What a great take on the card sketch! Your cards are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us this month @ Stick it Down!

Cheryl W said...

Love, love, love these cards. Both of them are so cheerful. The image on the first one is fun and so perfectly colored. The second one is gorgeous, too. I hope someday I can color as well as you!

Sandra H said...

Beautiful cards and what a lovely sketch x

Jan Mosier said...

Perfect card for spring! Love the yellow die cut behind your image.
And your watercolor card, absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with our card sketch this month at Stick It Down!

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful makes, Lynne. Your colouring is so pretty, Jo x

https://seaviewscrapping.blogspot.com/ said...

Your colors are wonderful! They make me long for spring. :-) Your coloring is beautiful. Lovely die cuts as well. Thank you for joining Stick It Down--Sharon DT

Unknown said...

Your card is gorgeous and beautifully water colored. I don't think that image will ever go out of style. Your color choices are perfect too. Thanks so much for celebrating with us at Time Out.

Patti J said...

Your coloring is always perfect! Love it when you color! Beautifully done, dear friend - hope you’re well! I’ve been a bit sidetracked of late. Hoping to be back 100% after next Wednesday! Hugs and smiles to you and yours!

MJ's Kraze said...

Such a lovely card. I would have never thought to do an embossed piece for one of the angle cuts.
Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.
Mandi, card DT.