Tuesday 5 April 2022

Peeking over

 Hi all!  My card today is 100% inspired by a wee jaunt we took up the coast on Sunday to Waterfoot, a lovely beach and a beautiful drive through the hills.  Lots of the little lambs were having a great time racing around and many of the fields are boundaried by fab stone walls.  So the only stamp set I have that had both sheep and stone walls is this oldie from Woodware from 2008! ...


I've actually tried a new technique to me (yes I know it's been around for years!) of inlaying the sentiment - I only used 1 layer of white card beneath the greeting but I'm thinking I should have used 2 to make it pop more.  And I've just noticed I need to tidy up my sentiment, there's a few scraggly ends left from the diecutting.  Critters and wall coloured with polychromos and clear gloss added to their hooves and eyes.  (Ruth's birthday card)

Layout flipped from MFT Wednesday Sketch #587

AAA Birthday #36 - critters

Sweet Stampin - use older stash




Pupdate...

Miss Molly had a fab time at the beach sniffing everything in sight.  Doubt she's going to be a swimmer though, she barely got those paws wet (and I wasn't prepared to brave the cold ocean for a paddle to tempt her in!). Glad to say though she was exhausted after her trip and slept all the way home and most of the evening too!

8 comments:

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card

Cheryl W said...

Love those critters and your entire card! I remember being in awe of all the stone walls in Ireland when we visited. They are so amazing, and I am in awe of the hard work it took to build them. Miss Molly is so sweet. She must have had a very exciting time on your trip to the beach to be so exhausted afterwards. Bless her little heart.

Sarah said...

That is such a fabulous card Lynne and I think your sentiment looks great just as it is!! xx

Jane said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love your sweet line up of critters peeping over the wall.Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Inkami said...

These little peeking critters are darling, this is such a sweet card!

Patti J said...

These critters are so sweet! Love your fun card, and I think your sentiment looks wonderful! Sweet Molly is getting so grown up looking! What a cutie she is…I’m sure she’s the boss at your house! Hugs…

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lynne what a cute, fun creation great images of the animals and love your colouring it is ACE
hugs
lorraine x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh so cute and fun! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sweet Stampin'. Happy Easter! Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT