Wednesday 7 September 2022

If I knew you were coming I'd've baked a cake

 Hi all!  Sorry I've been MIA, my mojo dipped below zero so I've taken a bit of a blogger break.  Need to get back in action though with autumn already here and lots of Christmas cards needing made!

So this card is a special request from my aunt for my cousin, not my best effort ever, but it does look better in real life!  Definitely need to get my daylight lamp out for these darker evenings - the icing on that cupcake is actually bright white! I've used this cupcake stamp from Honey Doo Crafts, sparkle added to the icing, clear gloss to the cherry and glitter to the sprinkles.  Die cuts all cut from silver glitter card, so there's lots of sparkle on this!!


Word Art Wednesday #559/560 - anything goes 


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - stamp it

The Male Room #166 - song title.  I've chosen "If I knew you were coming I'd've baked a cake"... Well if my aunt knew you were coming she most definitely would have a cake ready and waiting 😋 so I knew I had to put one on her card! 

10 comments:

Patti J said...

I love it! Well done, Lynne! The glittery outside, and the yummy inside…great card!

Donna Scholz said...

Fun card AND song, Lynne! I knew I had heard it from somewhere, so I did some investigating, and it was from my granddaughter watching Sesame Street! Of course the original is from 1950, but I think I like the Muppets' version better! Thank you for bringing back some memories and sharing your fun card with us at Double Trouble for our "Song Title" challenge!!! -Donna

Donna Scholz said...

Sorry, Lynne. My comment SHOULD have said "The Male Room" challenge. -Donna

Cheryl W said...

That is a delicious looking card! I know it's sparkly, even if the camera refuses to show it. I know my camera is very stubborn about that sort of thing! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. It's amazing that we have to start thinking about Christmas cards again. Didn't we just finish making them for last Christmas???

Sarah said...

What a delicious looking card Lynne...in every way!! My crafting mojo has taken a bit of a battering of late but DT commitments perked it up a bit this weekend xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lynne :-) I love the cupcake and sparkly sentiment! I am sure Ashley loves this too! :-)

Congratulations you have won the $25 voucher on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Please email us
simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com
luv
Lols x x x

Lorraine A said...

I just got distracted so not sure if my comment posted or not, so just in case here it is again ;-)

Gorgeous card Lynne :-) the whole design is yummy and I am sure Ashley will love it! Love the sparkly sentiments :-)

Congratulations you have won the $25 voucher on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Please email us
simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com
luv
Lols x x x

Sandra H said...

Such a beautiful card x

Doreen said...

Love your card,a great song .Thanks for sharing with us over at The Male Room.xxx

Goga said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing at The Male Room