Sunday 18 September 2022

Snowdude in Blue

 Hi all.  Well it has been an emotional 10 days, so hard to comprehend the Queen's death.  I don't doubt I will be in tears tomorrow, all the pageantry and tradition gets me every time - I even well up when I see the Red Arrows on happy occasions!  Incredible to think of how many millions round the world will be watching the funeral!  I was in Belfast at the beginning of the week when King Charles visited, it was a real sense of occasion and the crowds about were unbelievable. 

I have another Christmas card this evening, again using my Simon Says Stamp set.  I don't normally used this glitter card as my base as it's a pain to get anything to stick to it! I've loaded on the glue and crossed my fingers 😉




Sketch from Inspired By (though I'm not entirely sure if I was supposed to also use their unicorn theme)

Colour theme from MFT Colour Challenge #196

Word Art Wednesday #561/562 - anything goes 


And finishing with a wee photo of Miss Molly - she loves a bit of David Attenborough and Frozen Planet is her new favourite programme! 



9 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

This is darling, Lynne. I love the shades of blue and the wonderfully pressure embossed background. This is awesome. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday and please visit again soon.
Blessings,
karen

Sandra H said...

Oh how cute she’s is loving her favourite program actually l like that too, your card is gorgeous l like the set used and the glittery background card yes wet eyes fir millions l should image x

Laurel said...

Great take on the inspiration. I love how you interpreted the sketch. Thanks for playing at Inspired By

~amy~ said...

Love your take on the sketch!
Who doesn't love David Attenborough, such a fun pic.
Thanks for joining us at the Inspired by Challenge.

Sarah said...

A lovely frosty snowman card here Lynne, the sparkle is fabulous and the embossed panel is such a great idea. Oh yes, it's been far too emotional! What a fabulous send off she had yesterday. I thought I was all cried out until her pony and the corgis were shown! Such a cute pic of Miss Molly xx

Silke Ledlow said...

Great take on the sketch :) !!! It works perfectly with the Christmas theme. Thank you for joining us at the IB.

Patti J said...

What a great card! Your little snow dude is adorable! Love this! Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl W said...

I was so sorry to hear of the Queen's death, too. I watched as much of the funeral as I could. Your card today is really fun. The glitter, the gifts, the embossing--what's not to love! The picture of Molly watching TV is so funny. She's really keeping her eye on that bear, isn't she.

Ina G said...

Love your gorgeous snowman Lynne. Fabulous with the glitter paper.
Oh how sweet Miss Mollly is watching a favourite show. Love her.
So sad the Queen passed away but glad it was in Scotland.