Saturday 1 October 2022

Get your scraps out!


I'm delighted to be Guest Designer with Just Us Girls for October, and this week's challenge is to use your scraps - and if your table is as messy as mine that shouldn't be a problem LOL 😉  Pop over to their blog for some inspiration from their very talented team, and I hope you get a chance to play along too! 

I've had this lovely strip of hearts DP knocking round for a few weeks so I'm glad to get it used before it gets bent or crumpled! And the little purple edge was from a tiny scrap I rescued from my 'bin' pile, but was just the right colour and only just big enough to die cut - it's not the straightest but I tucked the wonky edge under my image and you'd never know!  Image, sentiment and bling from a recent Simon Says Stamp kit. 

It doesn't show on my card but there's lots of sparkle on this card ... gloss + glitter to the flames, the pink under my cake had several layers of my sparkle pen; it doesn't show in the photo but I also went over the '&' several times with my sparkle pen and I love how it turned out, I'll definitely be doing this again!


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - anything goes 

Addicted to Stamps #439 - any occasion 

Word Art Wednesday #563/564 - anything goes 

14 comments:

Carol said...

Welcome Lynne! You card is adorable!!!! Looking forward to your cards this month!

Cheryl W said...

Super card! Of course, you had me at "sparkle." Your little die-cut strip of purple was the perfect embellishment, too. I know I've said this before, but you have such a gift for adding embellishments.

Lisa Elton said...

Great save on that cute heart paper, Lynn. This would make anyone's birthday a happy one. So happy to have you guesting with us this month!

Sandra H said...

Love your card xx

Liz said...

Super card Lynne, so bright and cheerful. Congratulations on your GD spot. xx

Patti J said...

What a fun, sparkly birthday card! Beautifully done!

cm said...

You've certainly made your scraps the star of the show! Lovely card! So wonderful to have you guest designing with us this month!
~carol

Bobby said...

The heart paper is perfect with the cake and sentiment, Lynne. It's such a great birthday card.

Ina G said...

What a lovely layout Lynne and so colourful with all your 'scraps'. It's such a shame that the shimmer and shine doesn't always show up in a photo. I can imagine it looks amazing irl. A big welcome as our October Guest.
PS My table and nearby is always messy lol.

Cécile RIBON said...

What a super sweet birthday card! It definitely would have been such a shame to waste this lovely hearts strip.

Lisa Kind said...

This is lovely! Great way to use us that DP scrap. And it sounds Ike the sparkle is amazing! Welcome to JUGs for October!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is super sweet, Lynne. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. Have a wonderful week and please stop by again soon.

Izzy Scrap said...

Lovely birthday card. So great when we can use our scraps to make a card, and it's such a lovely result with yours. Thank you so much for sharing and for playing at ATSM.

Inkyfingers said...

Love how you continued the hugs and kisses theme with the layering panels and heart paper. Great dimension on the candles too!
Thanks for sharing at ATSM.