Sunday 25 February 2024

Retirement cards for Gareth, Gerard & Marlene

 Hi all!  Well it finally feels like Spring is almost here!  We finally got out to our back garden which has been sodden for months to get bushes pruned, dead stuff pulled out, grass cut and some lovely bright primroses planted up in my hanging baskets! It is so good to see the evenings on the stretch, I absolutely hate the long dark days of winter 😁

Anyway, just wanted to share some retirement cards for some ex-workmates of Mum.  The first two are for brothers so I kept the same vibe for them both.  So first up is this one using a Penny Black stamp...

Just Us Girls #715 - anything goes stencil week 
Word Art Wednesday #635 - anything goes 

I was hunting for a different hot air balloon stamp for this one but of course it was nowhere to be found, but luckily came across this unknown oldie instead.  The house border is an old MFT die

Allsorts #769 - things that fly
CAS on Friday #277 - male/boy

And finally, a nice bright spring card using one of my favourite Lili of the Valley stamps (I still have this one out to make a thank you card so you'll be seeing it again very soon!). I added some clear gloss to the daffs to make them pop a bit. 

Simon Says Stamp - beautiful blooms
Layout from Freshly Made Sketches #624 (just noticed my yellow panel should have been longer)
Snippets Playground #474 - my butterflies were cut from the leftover bit of yellow 


16 comments:

Sandra H said...

So beautiful are all of these cards

Cheryl W said...

These are all fabulous! I love seeing what you put in the background, because it always seems to enhance and show off the images beautifully. I'm certain your Mum was truly grateful that she has a master cardmaker daughter!!

Spring seems to be trying to appear here with our warmer temps, but the weather can always turn cold again until mid-April or so. I've learned to never trust Mother Nature to change seasons on time. She can be early or late, but is rarely on time. lol

Jen Brum said...

This is a sweet card! I just love that little bunny and those daffodils are so pretty! Love the butterflies as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Liz said...

Three beautiful cards, Lynne. I especially love the last one, it brightens up what has been a wet and windy day here. I think spring is hiding somewhere!
Liz xx

Bobby said...

Fantastic job on the retirement cards, Lynne. I love the hot air balloons flying over the cityscape. The wave stencil behind the boat keeps it rocking and works well for our challenge. Thanks for sharing that card with us at Just Us Girls.

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my your cards are lovely! So glad you shared one at FMS!

Dena J said...

Wonderful cards! I do love the colorful air balloons. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts and using the things that fly option, too.

brenda said...

A great trio of cards and a lovely creation following our Things that Fly theme at Allsorts challenge, thanks so much for joining in.

B x

Linby said...

Three fab retirement cards. I love the background for the boat and also for the hot air balloons. Very contemporary card designs. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

Carol said...

Love how you added the stenciled waves behind the sailboat along with the cross-hatched design. What a cute scene you have created! Thanks for joining us for our stencil week at Just Us Girls!

Kim S said...

They are all just right for retirement! I love the charming little bunny with the tiny butterflies on one of the stripes. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Liz said...

Popping back to say thank you for also joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
Liz x

Sarn said...

A lovely cheerful trio of cards.

Thanks for bringing the third one to the Snippets Playground. Cute little butterflies from your snippets. Xxx

Kim said...

gorgeous selection of cards - particularly love the yacht/boat one!
And yes, it's been so nice to have a couple of dry days and get out into the garden x

Sarah said...

They are fabulous Lynne, each and every one and the balloons are perfect for us at Allsorts this week xx

Di said...

Wonderful cards Lynne - I love them all. The adorable bunny stamp is still one of my favourites from LOTV, back in the day. You might have just solved my quandary for Easter cards - I only send a handful thank goodness! Eeek, I see that you actually fussy cut the LOTV image - runs off to hide! I could never match that.

Hugs
Di xx