This doggy card is hot off the press and is based on yesterday's lesson at the MFT Camp Create for a shaker card.
Here's what I learnt from making this card ....
- When tidying up, make sure you put your acetate along with all your other papers ... I spent at least half an hour trying to find it, and in the end I gave up and cut a page from my pocket scrapbooking folder!
- Add more sequins than you think is enough! I could probably have done with double what I have here.
- Go easy on the glue! ... I'm hoping this white mess at the edge of the acetate dries to clear.
Image is an oldie from High Hopes, coloured with watercolour pencils, popped up on dimensionals and clear gloss/glitter added to his dog tag. Die-namics star dies (there's one placed on the inside of my card peeping through the glue mess)
- MFT Camp Create - spectacular shakers
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - animal magic
- Polkadoodles #24 - die cut
- Creatalicious #93 - anything goes, option animal
The lesson I learnt from my second card was to keep proper records! I'd been asked to make a load of personalised teacher thanks card, created this one, and when I was putting it with the others realised I already had one made for Mrs Loughran!! Grrr. So I'll try to rescue this one ... maybe pick off those sequins and add her name in a separate panel. We'll see, it could well end up in the bin!
My image is another oldie High Hopes image. Coloured with watercolour pencils and Spectrum Noir sparkle added to the pink pencil and the eraser. Clear gloss/glitter added to the silver bit at the top of the pencil and to the buttons on her jeans. I also used some chalk and my giraffe print stencil again, but the pale blue bit hasn't really shown up in my photo.