Friday 15 June 2018

Cats 'n Cows

Wow how is it Friday, one week down of my holidays already!  I've been busy, busy, busy though, and squeezed in my 50th birthday too!  I've a couple of days in Dublin to look forward to next week too, so that will be good craic as well :)

This card is for my Aunt Jean , thought I'd make her a silly one!
Penny Black image - coloured with watercolour pencils and clear gloss added to their eyes and beaks, and then the BG splattered in matching colours.

We do have a mad ginger cat in the neighbourhood - we've caught him a few times lurking near our neighbour's house where the starlings are nesting.  He loves nothing better than torturing poor Ruby in the garden too, just saunters past the gate to set Ruby off and then stands back laughing!

This one kinda looked different in my head to how it turned out!  If I'd thought it through I would have had my stenciled panel a wee bit lower down.  Oh, and I would have stuck my frame on straight too ;)

Oldie Penny Black image; sentiment from MFT.  Sparkle added to the flowers and clear gloss to the cow's horns and hooves.  Elizabeth Bell square dies.


12 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

Both are great cards! That cat just makes me laugh. Its fur looks like my hair in the morning! Not pretty! The stencil on the second card is a perfect backdrop for your cow (who's pretty cute, too). Have a great weekend and continue enjoying your holidays.

Cheryl W. said...

P.S. A very happy belated birthday to you!!!

brenda said...

Two super cards with your PB stamps Lynne, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More 'In the Garden' challenge. And belated Happy Birthday.

B x

Aileen said...

Happy late birthday wishes, hope it was a great one. 50 for you and 60 for me wahooo.
Love both cards, always makes me laugh the cat up the tree with the birds sitting and having a good old natter. As for the cow, well it looks perfect to us especially the frame to us of the crooked eye group who thought it was as straight as straight can be. And a very clever stencil, cows patches perfectly placed. Enjoy your time in Dublin. xx

Sarah said...

Many Happy Returns Lynne, hope you had a fab day and enjoy yourself away next week too. These are lovely cards, especially the cow...love her!! xx

Theresa said...

too fun cards. lovely CAS feeling to them. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous cards Lynne! I love both the images, they are so cute, & I love how you've framed the cow.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Babs said...

Two awesome cards, just love that cat, I have the stamp he always makes me chuckle, love the cow great designs love them both..
hugs Babs x

carol said...

lovely fun card, thanks for sharing your creation with us at CRAFTY CATZ
x carol

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mervi said...

Fabulous and cute cards, thank you for sharing your creativity over at Penny Black and more;-))m

Linda said...

Sorry for the late visit. Two fun designs that definitely made me smile. Thank you for playing along with the HLS CAS Challenge xx