Thursday 27 September 2018

Stars and flowers

Ack I've no mojo :(  Just life and work getting in the way I reckon and when I'm tired I've zero creativity.  Ah well at least it's nearly the weekend and I've a couple of days booked off work next week - I'm planning on doing a bit of painting round the house but we'll see how that goes!

This first card is super CAS ... though I'll not confess how many stars I cut out before I ended up with these so it definitely wasn't a quickie!   I stencilled in the background, popped the little stars up on foam pads and added a few blue star sequins to finish.

I'd coloured this image back in the heatwave which already seems such a long time ago.  You definitely wouldn't be colouring outside this evening.  Apart from the fact that it's dark hahaha ;)

Coloured with watercolour pencils, sparkle added to the flowers and clear gloss to the little ribbon on the box.
  • I thought this worked well with Michelle's lovely card inspiration over at the Muse challenge #284
  • Simon Says Stamp Monday - monochrome
  • Time Out #119 - friendship / one layer
  • Less is More #380 - one layer floral (I know I used a white base but my card isn't the best quality so have to add a top white layer)

12 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

I know what you mean when Mr. Mojo takes a powder. It's hard to get him to show up again. I think you did a great job on these two cards, though. The star card turned out fabulous, even though it may have caused a bit of a struggle. The purple flower on the other one are so delicate and pretty. I'm partial to purple, so I loved it at first glance.

Michelle W said...

Two beautiful cards Lynne! I think a super CAS card can take longer than a pile it on card sometimes LOL. Love your take on my card, so pretty!

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards,love the pretty flowers.xxx

Sarah said...

I know what you mean Lynne. I have no motivation at all at the moment. I sit at my desk and stare blankly!! These are fab, love the colours of the stars and the stencilled back ground is perfect. Your colouring of the hydrangea is perfect xx

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Both are lovely cards with very different styles.

Wei said...

Great take on the sketch and love the colors you've used for the stars. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Lisa Kind said...

You have a great eye for different design styles! These are both great cards! Thanks for playing our Time Out challenge!

Ardyth said...

Love the solid purple bar across the bottom - it provides the perfect grounding for your pretty floral image! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week, Lynne!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Lynne, love that image and your colouring of it. As always perfectly done.

samantha's cards said...

Such a fun take on the sketch, the stars are great. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

sandie said...

This is coloured to perfection and love the way you grounded the image with the purple base. Thanks for joining Time Out x

Jill V said...

I think that we can all relate to losing our mojo at some point - it looks like you have found yours again though. Both cards are fabulous - I especially love the soft florals. Thanks so much for playing along with us at TIME OUT! Jill