Saturday 1 September 2018

More new goodies

Ooops I've been shopping again, my excuse was that these were in Jane's Doodles sale!

My stamps came wrapped and sealed with this little crochet heart so I thought it was a shame not to use it. I keep meaning to buy a bookmark die, but for the time being I just use a tag die and partially cut it and then shimmy it down and cut again.  (Don't know if that makes any sense or not!)
Coloured with watercolour pencils.  I added sparkle to the bird's wings on the card, but didn't add any to the bookmark in case it would come off on a book's pages.

I'd some pink watercolour left on a bit of acetate, so I added some water and squished my card base into it to make my background.  A few extra pink and blue splatters to finish.

My little girl and dog are popped up on foam pads.

Gummiapan flower die; Lawn Fawn clouds and can't remember fence maker.

13 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

Both your cards are happy cards--cute images, wonderful colors and great layouts. I really love them both. Those colorful birds just make me want to start tweeting myself (and not on Twitter, either!). Hope you're having a great weekend.

Dawn Phillips said...

Gorgeous cards hun. I love the colours on you little birds. Love Dawn x

Cara said...

Two gorgeous cards. I love the birds and great idea to make the bookmark that way x

Shelly Schmidt said...

How sweet! I have never thought of leaving shimmer on my book from a bookmark- lesson learned! Great and fun card! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!!!

Darnell said...

Your two cards are perfect takes on the sketches, Lynne! They are both adorable and colored beautifully! And I love how you used a tag and adjusted it accordingly to make a sweet birdie bookmark for that cool crocheted heart!! Hugs, Darnell

Elaine Stark said...

A great idea making a matching book mark. Thanks for joining ALYI challenge. Elaine

Linda Callahan said...

Your cards are adorable! Great coloring! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Gloria said...

Loving your projects! They are all fabulous:) Thank you for playing along with us over at Die Cuttin' Divas.

Stampin Mindy said...

These cards are darling. I love the matching bookmark, too. You have colored all these images just beautifully. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Good luck.

♥ Mindy

Sarah said...

How did I miss these!! Love the birdies and what a brilliant way to use that darling crochet heart. The little girl and her dog are adorable and the pretty inky background looks fab, rather like the sky here in Dorset right now actually xx

Marsha Reed said...

Lovely cards, Lynne! Thanks for joining us at the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge. Marsha DT

Judy Rozema said...

Both are so sweet, but I love your happy birds! Love the heart. Thank you for playing along at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Sue said...

Very cute design and love the colours your chose! Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp!