Saturday 20 October 2018

You brighten my day

Just a quickie post this evening .. Killing Eve is on telly shortly and I'm lovin it! I've been a bad blogger recently so hope to get round all my buddies tomorrow... after I finish painting my hall / stairs of course! I've been putting it of for ages, so it was good to get a start made at last.

This wee card uses this fab fun fishie from Avery Elle.  I partially stencilled in some waves and then added a few splatters, but they don't really show up in my pic.  Fish is mounted on foam pads and clear gloss added to his teeth and eyes.  I found these little silver circles in my stash and thought they kinda looked like bubbles in the water.



    I'm on a mission to try to make a Christmas card when I'm making anything else.  I've used an oldie stamp from Simon Says Stamp - coloured with watercolour pencils; sparkle added to the scarf and red hat; and clear gloss + glitter to the antlers and accents on the hat.  Lil' Inker sentiment die.  I already had some of these white snowflakes cut so it was super quick to put together :)

    13 comments:

    Ellibelle said...

    Two cute cards, the Christmas critters are adorable and so perfect for our Traditional Christmas Colors theme at Allsorts, thanks so much for joining us!

    Patti said...

    GREAT cards Lynne! I really like that stencil you used for your fishy card. It's perfect!

    Great challenge for your Christmas cards! and this one is adorable! I love the pp and of course the image is the best!

    Have a great weekend.

    Patti

    brenda said...

    Both cards are lovely Lynne, many thanks for joining our 'Traditional colours' theme ar Allsorts challenge. Bx

    Dawn Phillips said...

    Two lovely cards hun. I love the silver 'bubbles' on your fish card. Love Dawn x

    Dotty Jo said...

    Lovely cards, Lynne! I've missed seeing you around cardland, so it's good to know you are ok and crafting, Jo x

    Macimbalo said...

    Two great cards! Love your entry for ATSM!!! Thanks for linking up at ATSM!

    Marge said...

    Two beautiful cards, Lynne! The scenes are so adorable and your coloring is gorgeous. Love the green plaid background and letter diecut border on top. It is eye-catching.

    Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    Marge
    xx

    Monika Reeck said...

    both are cute Lynne
    love the first one more
    perfect for our CAS challenge
    sweet Image and great stenciled BG
    Many thanks for joining with us at ATSM this time
    hugs
    Monika

    Helen said...

    Great card - love the scene you've created.

    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Made by Helen{My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    susiestacey said...

    Two lovely cards. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Traditional Colours' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

    Nandini said...

    Both cards are really cute. The images are very sweet. Thank you for joining us at the ATSM Challenges. Looking forward to having you in our gallery again. Nandini, DT

    Zw@@n said...

    Love your cards, Lynne. Cute images. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    Cheryl W. said...

    Two fun cards. That fish always cracks me up! Your Christmas critters look very subdued. I think they're afraid Santa has them on the naughty list. he he