Sunday 23 June 2019

Card for Deirdre and some Birthday flowers

Oooh we've a hint of summer about the place, yesterday was a gorgeous sunny day and there's rumours of a heatwave heading our way for the end of the week.  We'll see!  Hopefully the weather smartens up a bit for The Open when it hits Portrush next month or the whole world will think it does nothing but rain here haha ;)

This card is for a friend in work, she's a great baker so I had to make one with the biggest cake I could find.
Coloured with polychromos; gloss and glitter added to her crown, shoes and the jam in the cake.  The heart and banner is cut from the silliest little bit of sparkly card, you'd laugh at some of the tiny snips I put back in my pile!

This one uses an oldie stamp from Concorde & 9th.  Coloured with polychromos.  The central flower is popped up on foam pads but doesn't show up well on this pic.  I couldn't get a good photo of this card at all in fact - my flower is definitely pinker than you see here and my leaves are greener!

10 comments:

sallysbitz2 said...

Two gorgeous cards.
Love the cake card, great colour combo. Both your images are coloured perfectly x

Hugs Sally Bownes
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Joy Wilson said...

Beautiful cards! I love the floral card and the soft colors you chose! Thanks for joining us and good luck with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Crafty Creations Challenges

Cheryl W. said...

I would never laugh at you for the tiny snips of CS you save. I have an entire shoe box filled with tiny bits of glitter CS. I often need a few small stars or maybe a flame for a die-cut candle, and why cut up a whole sheet when you can dig around in the box and find just the size you need! Your cards are both wonderful! I just love that big popped-up flower.

brenda said...

The hint of summer is very welcome isn't it Lynne. Two lovely cards, love the sift blues of the first and the delicate floral stamping of the second. Thanks so much for joining in with our June theme at penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Sarah said...

Beautiful cards Lynne, love the oversized cake with the sparkle!! Lets hope summer is finally on its way. I am fed up with wet dogs and horses!! xx

Anonymous said...

i love the colours you've used on this beautiful floral card. thank you so much for playing along with the penny black and more challenge.
linda

Di said...

That's some cake Lynne! Wonderful take on the sketch and I did smile about the teensy scraps of glitter paper - I find glitter paper and mirri card are the ones where I can never throw even the tiniest snippet away! And I also love your second card - my, you're a whizz with those Polychromos pencils! Wonderful colouring on both cards.

Hugs

Di xx

Lady Joyful said...

Both your designs are lovely! I love the beautiful floral card. Please note for next time, our challenge rules state that you should include our graphic in your blog post if you'd like to be eligible for the prize or being a top pick :) Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Quillish said...

Beautiful cards! I love the way you popped up that flower it really brings a lot of dimension to the floral bouquet. Thank you for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations. Hugs ~ Ishani.

Laurel said...

This is so pretty! Sorry for the late comments but I have been away a lot and have had limited wifi. Thanks for playing at Inspired By!