Wednesday 5 June 2019

Guest Designing for Simon Says Stamp!

Wahooo I'm so excited to be this month's Guest Designer over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge :)  I've been a long time player in their weekly challenges and a long time 'envy-ier' (this may not actually be a real word haha) of the talents of their DT, so I'm thrilled to have my efforts showcased alongside theirs!
So the first challenge up is to make a masculine card and the team are showcasing Tim Holtz goodies.  Hope you'll play along too.  As usual, they have the best prize in blogland .. a big $50 to spend in store!!
I've used this cute puppy from Tim Holtz Crazy Dogs stamps - it would look like our Ruby except this one's white!  She does get the floppy ears though when she's really tired and it's sooo cute!

My stamped pup didn't need much colouring and just some clear gloss on his eyes and nose.  By the way, one of the most useful things I've ever bought from the Simon Says Stamp store was one of these little mini bottles that I decant my big bottle of clear gloss in to.  The gloss never gets jammed up and the nib is perfect for detailed work.  I've had mine for a couple of years now, the wee lid has long since broken off but a blob of blutack does the same job!

8 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lynne :-) the little pup is adorable and I love the paper and details, absolutely adorable, and he does look like your Ruby ❤️

Thanks for agreeing to be in the Designer Spotlight!! It really is a pleasure to have you along with us, and thanks for the tip! I have popped one of those mini bottles into my basket!! :-)

Hope you have a great week!
luv
Lols x x x

Dotty Jo said...

What a great GDT gig, Lynne! Congratulations! Love your card, that little pup is one of my favs, Jo x

Karen Brown said...

Great card....love the eyes!

Cheryl W. said...

I love your card, Lynne! That dog is so comical. I have that bottle of Glossy Accents, and I agree it works great. I use it all the time.

Patti J said...

Woohoo! Congratulations to you! Your card is so cute! Thanks for the inspiration, dear friend. Can't wait to see what you do next!

Sarah said...

Oooh Lynne...I am so happy for you!! Well done on your guest appearance and with such a fabulous card too xx

Tracie Pond said...

Such sweet butterflies fluttering around. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. =) Tracie

debby4000 said...

Love your cute doggy card, brilliant.
luv
Debby