Sunday 9 June 2019

Christmas Elves and a Purple sympathy

Sunday evening already but I've a nice week off work ahead of me hurrah! Hoping to get some half decent weather and maybe get a wee day out or two :)

I've been playing with my MFT elves again, I'm so glad I finally gave in and bought them :)  I've used a Christmas text die that I got last year and found impossible use, when all I really needed  to do was to add a little elf and I love how it turned out!
I came across some silver charms recently, and thought they might be nice to use up on a gift tag, so made a matching one too.


This was another MFT purchase from my recent shopping spree.  I absolutely love the finished result, but it's a bit of a faff colouring it in - I've used 3 different purple shades of polychromo pencils and each petal takes 6 layers of colour!  I think maybe I'll give it a rattle with watercolours next time ;)

9 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

So that's how I can use that die! I bought this one myself and then was totally flumoxed by it! Two lovely cards, Lynne. Thanks for getting elfy at The Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Wendy said...

Beautiful card...Thanks for joining us Fab'n'Funky :)
Wendy x

Claudia Martins said...

Wow, Gorgeous! Terrific projetct! Thanks for joining us at TTCRD!
Claudia Martins DT

Cheryl W. said...

These cards are both so perfect. I love everything about them. Your coloring is wonderful, even if the flower was a bit difficult. The tag is fab, too. I can see why you love that little elf.

Kath said...

Two beautiful cards - the elf card is so cute and a perfect sympathy card too.
Kath x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sparkles, good luck!!! Amy DT

Lisa xx said...

Oooh this is so sweet...the elves look fab, here at Christmas with the Cuties we certainly have a fondness for elves!!

Thank you for joining us for the Tag It challenge

Marie Bingaman said...

Two lovely cards, and a cute tag too! I love those elves...I really should add that set to my "official" wish list! I love the traditional color scheme of your Christmas card and tag, and your coloring is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at CCAYR, and good luck! :)

~Marie B -DT

Marina said...

Oooh I love the matching elf set - fabulous designs and bold Christmassy colours.