Friday 19 June 2020

Christmas Bears and Birdies

So here we are almost at Mid-Summer's day!  It was a grey old one for us and according to Alexa it was 85% humidity!  The sooner I get my fuzzy head sorted at the hairdresser the better ;)  Roll on July!

Anyway, I'm still in Christmas mode, so here's my MFT bears again.  This is version #2 - the first one just had a totally wrong colour theme going but I managed to get my central panel scraped off almost unscathed.  A couple of wee knife marks now hidden with some snowflakes!  I'm hoping for a wee visit to Hobbycraft soon as I'm down to the scrappiest scraps of this silver sparkly card.


This Tina Wenke stamp was another of my new purchases.  If I was colouring it again I think I'd do the little birdies a slightly lighter shade of brown, they're a bit lost here.  I added sparkle to the ribbon and fine glitter to the snow and then bigger glitter flakes to the berries, so there's plenty of sparkle!  I think I need a wee 'something' for where the sentiment panel meets the image, I might have a look for a wee holly image or something.

6 comments:

Di said...

I'll be back to comment properly but can't believe Ruby is 15 - she still looks like a puppy! One od Dudley's pin-up girls! Di x

Cheryl W said...

You are sailing right along with your Christmas cards. These are both great. I love the Polar bears, and your new image is really sweet. You've colored it beautifully! I think a tiny bit of holly would work well to separate your circles. Do you ever make multiples of your cards? These are both so cute--I think they deserve to be repeated.

Sarah said...

I hope your week turned out Ok and that you didn't get too much rain on Thursday like we had over here. Two more fab Christmas cards for the box Lynne, love those polar bears and I think those birdies look just right. I have taken the scissors to my own hair and it doesn't look too bad!! Can't wait to see my hairdresser in July!! xx

Patti J said...

So pretty and sparkly! Someone will love these! And you KNOW that I can’t resist a sweet snowman! Thanks for sharing!

Di said...

I love both cards Lynne - and the wee birds looked fine to me, I spotted them immediately. And your snippets card is adorable - everyone loves a polar bear or two :)

Hugs

Di xx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

A very sweet Christmas card Lynne and your cute little birds are ideal for our 'Things With Wings' Challenge at Moving Along With The Times

Good luck with your entry

Jue/DT