Tuesday 13 April 2021

Double sunshine

Hi all!  This was one of those difficult cards to make as it's for a good friend in work who has been made redundant and it has all been a very traumatic experience.   I think I was living in an alternative universe when I made it and have managed to give it 2 sources of sunshine!!.


It is of course one of the Colorado Crafts stamps - I got my watercol our pencils out to colour the mouse and the background of the clover and polychromos for the rest.  

  • Cut It Up #223 - what's your weather?  This was an easy challenge for me as our weather has been completely mad - sunshine and blue skies one minute, and dark as night with hailstones the next!
  • Your Next Stamp #161 - sunshine and smiles

7 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I didn't see two sources of sunshine when I looked at your sweet card. I simply saw your ink blended rays as an extension of the sun at the top. I think it looks great! Sorry about your friend at work. I hope it all works out for the best.

Sandra H said...

Oh how pretty is your card and image x

Dotty Jo said...

You can never have too much sunshine, Lynne! Your card is gorgeous and I love how you've coloured the mouse. I love these new images as I've always been a fan of this illustrators style and love her children's books. Jo x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Lynne this is full of loveliness I absolutely love the mouse also the ray of sunshine and sentiment it is perfect
hugs
lorraine x

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Anything is possible in the crafting world, even two suns! I'm sure this adorable card will brighten your friend's day. I love the cute image, and maybe the mouse's good luck will rub off on your friend.

Thanks for playing with us at Cut it Up for our How’s the Weather challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Patti J said...

Totally love this! The image is delightful, and the sun bursts are perfect! The sentiment is just right! Thanks for sharing!

Christine Kiehl said...

Adorable. love the whole line of her stamps!