Tuesday 6 April 2021

Floral sympathies

 Hi folks, it's been a brrrr chilly couple of days here, the weatherman definitely got it right! We had a bit of snow last night so it was all very scenic this morning, but I'm glad to say it's all away, bar a couple of sad looking snowmen ;)

I've a few sympathy cards this evening, I never seem to have any in my stash.  Both use an older stamp from Whipper Snapper - I absolutely love their stamps but I get whacked with customs charges every time, so I try to resist as best I can!


Bonus points for this one using up some DP that's been in my stash for years, I was lucky to have some pale blue card that matched it perfectly and just enough left over for my sentiment and corners :)



A couple of my chilly tulips with their snowy hats!

8 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lynne these are two beautiful cards perfect for the occasion I love the different designs it is always amazing how different an image looks when set against different backgrounds. It has been freezing here today and we have had snow tonight roll on warmer days and sunshine
hugs
lorraine x

Cheryl W said...

Both your cards are beautiful, and I'm certain they'll be much appreciated. I really love the loopy border on the first one. It adds a nice bit of dimension in the background. I'm pretty sure I saw those tulips shiver. Poor things can't even keep their heads warm with those icy caps on!

Sarn said...

Cor, I really love that Whippersnapper vase of flowers - no wonder you couldn’t resist it! You’ve made two lovely cards with it too xxx

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely cards, Lynne. My tulips also had snow hats yesterday. I was amazed at all the snow we had last night, yet it was gone this morning, Jo x

Patti J said...

Beautiful cards, beautiful tulips, even the snow is pretty (but I’m real happy it’s not snowing here)! We are to get rain this evening...ugh. Again! Take care, and keep making pretty things!

Aileen said...

Such a beautiful card Lynne, perfect for our challenge. Love your colouring of the flowers in the jar. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

Di said...

Beautiful cards Lynne and what a stamp that is! Both cards are so different and made just perfectly. Love them!

Hugs

Di xx

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are both so lovely! So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!