Monday 19 April 2021

Sympathy lavender

 Hi all!  Well the good news is that I have a hair appointment booked yippee!!  Hopefully it won't be another 5 months till the next one!  Great to see our local garden centre open too, though I haven't ventured there yet while there's still a chance of frost.  And only another 6 weeks or so till my second vaccine, I can't wait!!

I have a sympathy card to share today ...


I've used this oldie from Taylored Expressions - I love inking up these oldies especially when I've a new order of goodies on the way ... my first order from France since lovely Brexit so I'm hoping it's not going to come with customs charges! 

Not sure of the make of the script background - I added some blue sharing behind the lavender and really wish I hadn't!  It kinda needed something to finish it and I had a little scrap of purple c/s left, just the right size for a few little butterflies :)

12 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Glad you have a hair appointment Lynne I had mine cut last week I feel like a different person, lol. Lynne this is a beautifully designed card the flower image looks wonderful so does the background a super, super make
hugs
lorraine x

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card, Lynne. I'm still waiting for my hair appointment and boy, can you tell. Jo x

StampinwithAnita said...

Lovely card, Lynne! I can really see the inspiration from the photo in it. I like using my "oldies" too...fun to bring them new life. Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept! Yah, for the 2nd vaccine, too!

Patti J said...

Very pretty, Lynn! The colors are beautiful, and the image is so sweet. We had 70 today. It’s supposed to start out about 70, then drop to 28-29 and snow. Ugh... no ma’am, Mother Nature! Thanks for sharing this beautiful creation!

Cheryl W said...

Beautiful card! That's a great image, even if it is an oldie. I was glad to read that you have gotten your first vaccine shot and have an appointment for your second one. I think you'll feel the same relief that I do, once you're completely vaccinated. I feel much more at ease going out in public. And I feel quite safe meeting others who've been vaccinated.

StampinwithAnita said...

Although no one likes to have to send a sympathy card, yours is beautiful and how nice that you could use some favorites from your stash! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept. Hope to see you again!

Sarah said...

That card is perfect as it is Lynne, love that floral stamp and the script looks fabulous behind. Peased to hear that you have an appointment...I can't tell you how good it felt to be in the hairdressers chair last week!! xx

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card x

Mrs A. said...

This is a beautiful sympathy card and small butterflies die cut are always a great way of not only using up snipets but adding a focal point. Hugs Mrs A.

LeAnne said...

This image is gorgeous! SO pretty...love the scripty background and your divine coloring! Thanks for playing with The Card Concept this week!

Ellen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at Daisy Chain Challenges.

groetjes, Ellen

Di said...

Wow Lynne, what a gorgeous card this is! Every detail is just so perfect. Clever idea to add the sliver of purple card to the left - balances it perfectly!

Hugs

Di xx