Monday 26 July 2021

Hydrangea Sympathy

 Hi all! Happy Monday!  Bit cooler here today thank goodness, a few days of those high temps are enough for me.  I see we're due some showers this week, the ground will be glad to see it, everywhere is burnt brown and the leaves are already dropping from some of the trees!

Anyway I've a wee sympathy card this evening.  I've used this old LOTV stamp - I don't think I've ever coloured the blooms in different colours before but I definitely will again!

Looking at it here I think I need to ground the image so I'll have to get my watercolour pencils out again.  I made my own stripey DP on a leftover bit of blue with one of my new stamps from Creative Depot.


Pixies Snippets Playground #408 - it's a Ruby's Memory challenge again, the 5th one, and each time lovely Di makes a donation to the USPCA.  It's easy to play along and there's a fabulous Gina K prize from Brenda up for grabs - all you have to do is use up a leftover piece of card or DP. 

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - out with the old in with the new ... My new stash is my stripey stamp and my old stuff is the hydrangea stamp and blue paper.

Cute Card Thursday #690 - anything goes


4 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

This is gorgeous Lynne I love that stamp also the lovely colours a wonderful creation for such a sad occasion
hugs
lorraine x

Cheryl W said...

This is so pretty, and the pastel colors are perfect for the occasion. Your lovely hydrangeas will be a comfort to look at. I love hydrangeas--I remember seeing an entire field of blue ones in Nicaragua back in the late 1990s. It was stunning!

Sarah said...

Those blooms look fabulous in different colours Lynne. Yes, it is much cooler here too so I managed a good nights' sleep at last...no more Mrs Cranky!! xx

Di said...

Gorgeous card Lynne - I do love the blooms in different colours as hydrangeas are one of the only flowers I know that ranges from pin, mauve and through the blue. All depending on the acidity of the soil I seem to recall. LOVE the striped panel as well - it's a stamp? Goes off to hunt!

Hugs

Di xx