Sunday 2 July 2023

Ruth's Birthday card

 Hi all!  I'm trying to get back in the way of making cards (instead of faffing about on Facebook and the internet!) and the weather has been a bit rubbish this past while so I don't have the garden as an excuse!  Hopefully those few lovely weeks in June will come back again! 

So here's my card for this evening, it will probably be my card to my sister.  I've used this little girl from Creative -Depot, coloured with polychromos and clear gloss + glitter added to the flower centre - I might gloss up the petals to make it pop a bit. 


Layout from CASEing Tuesday #414
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - anything goes 
Colour theme from MFT Colour Challenge #214
As You Like It - plain or patterned papers - i used to have a huge stash of patterned papers but find myself more and more drawn to plain colours now, especially as my style is much more CAS than it used to be.  I much prefer to add stencilling or embossing instead.


5 comments:

Sandra H said...

So cute x

Chrissy said...

So super cute..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Cheryl W said...

I'm certain your sister will love this card--it's so sweet! I do miss your regular posts, but I understand how we all need to take a break now and again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed in the hopes you get more summery weather. It's bleedin' HOT here! Close to 100 degrees today.

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous card, Lynne. That image is so cute and I love the sketch and the embossed background. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

Sarah said...

She is adoarble Lynne and, as always, so beautifully coloured. A super duper entry for the plain camp at AYLI!! xx