Wednesday 26 July 2023

Some special request cards for Jennifer, Ruth and Myrtle

 Hi all.  I'm here this evening with some special request cards, which you know I love to make.  Not. 😉

So first up, a Ruby Anniversary card.  I knew my stamps would be too big for all the words I needed to add so had my first go at printing a sentiment after designing it in Canva.  If I was making it again I might print it a tad smaller.  Penny Black stamp, coloured with polychromos, and popped up on foam pads

(For my own records I made one the same as Jennifer's card for Alan + Alison)

Next, a wedding card.  This Lili of the Valley stamp does all the hard work - I just added a sparkly heart and strip and some clear gloss to the roses.

And finally, and I think this one's my favourite, an 80th birthday, using another Penny Black stamp.  This took quite a bit of faffing and this is actually version #3! Thankfully I've learnt my lesson about not sticking things down till I'm happy 🤣

7 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Well, I think they're all downright gorgeous! I can't even pick a favorite. I love the stenciling, the bits of sparkle, the pretty, popped up images. They all came together so nicely, even if it seemed like a struggle at the time. When it comes to commissioned cards...you've nailed it!

Cardsbymaaike said...

Gorgeous 80th birthday card and perfect for the butterfly challenge but with pretty flowers too. THank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges

Loll said...

Beautiful array of cards, Lynne. I especially love your colouring of that gorgeous vase of flowers. Great work!

Sarah said...

What a tremendous trio Lynne, each and every one brilliant. What is the font you used on the second and third, it's really effective xx

Patti J said...

Wow! These are all so beautiful! You did a fantastic job on each one! Someone will be super happy to receive these!

Laurie said...

All three of your cards are very pretty. It was the first one that drew me to your blog. I like the bold flowers and the way you combined the fonts for the lettering. The butterflies are a nice addition. I've thought of making some miniature lace butterflies to add to cards. (Haven't gotten around to that yet).

I think the third card is my favorite. I like the soft colors of the flowers on the envelope.

Катерина Pioniya said...

Stunning cards!
Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday Card Challenge - Pioniya, DT