Wednesday 8 March 2017

SC635 - Birthday Bunny

So here's this week's sketch over at Splitcoaststampers, if you'd like to join in you can play along here
I wasn't sure at all about this layout as I thought it would look 'odd' with the wonky shaped central panel - my card making OCD kicking in again ;) - but I LOVE how it turned out and I think this is my favourite card I've made for a while!


For my DT card I've used this really old High Hopes bunny stamp.  I'm so pleased with how his fur turned out - I put on a base coat with my watercolour pencils and while it wasn't quite dry, I dotted on a bit of colour with my brush straight from the pencil nib and just kinda built up the texture.
I also added some gloss and glitter to his tail, and went over my tulips with a clear glitter pen.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

That is GREAT layout Lynne. Love the bunny, beautifully done I might add, and the bright cheery papers are gorgeous xx

Bernice said...

Beautiful colouring Lynne - a really cute card.
Bernice

Cheryl W. said...

Wow! This card turned out great! I actually love this layout, too, after seeing your card. I may have to give it a try. Your bunny fur does look fantastic. I'm going to try to remember your brush trick. I think that could even be used after an image has been colored with markers.

susiestacey said...

Lovely spring card, just perfect for this weeks challenge.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Spring Inspiration' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Gina said...

Such a sweet card :D And the stitching effect really accentuates the layering. Thank you for playing at Dream Valley Challenge :D XXX

Ruth said...

What a cute card! I love that bunny with the flowers and I'm also impressed you managed to get that wonky sketch to work so well. Thank you for playing along with the Flower Challenge this month. Ruth DT xx [PS My Dad is an Antrim man from Ballymena!]

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Lynne this is one beautiful, adorable, cute card I love, love that image also the lovely uplifting colours, ACE make
hugs
lorraine x