Friday 17 March 2017

Yummm Cake

Happy St Patrick's Day!  No drowning the shamrock for me (yet!) ... I've spent my day off work painting woodwork, but I've the beers chillin for later ;)  St Patrick might have got rid of the snakes, but unfortunately he didn't do much for the weather - it's been a yeuchy damp dark chilly old day, but the crowds seemed to have enjoyed the craic at the parades in Belfast and Dublin anyway.

I got a real bargain at the Range yesterday - a massive pack of this pretty pink pastelly mix for £2.99, I'll not need to buy any more for a day or two!
Image from Penny Black - coloured with watercolour pencils.  Sparkle added to her apron, and clear gloss to the icing.

The Daily Marker 30 day colouring challenge

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy St Patrick's Day to you too!! Love this sweet card Lynne and what a bargain too xx

Ginny Maxam said...

Aww, this card really made me smile, I just love it!Thanks for joining in and sharing your art with us at word Art Wednesday! Ginny M, DT

Cheryl W. said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Lynne! We had parades here, too. Lots of green beer, corned beef and cabbage and green clothing. Your card is so cute. Lucky you to find a great paper pack. I'm looking forward to seeing more cards from it.

Keti's Projects said...

Cute card. Love the sentiment. Thanks for sharing your card at Pile it On. Keti (DT)

Flo said...

Such a lovely card! Lockwood the colors, and different textures you added to the card.

Dotty Jo said...

Adorable card, Lynne! I try and stay away from The Range as it's very bad for my bank balance! Jo x

Kim S said...

The sweet papers are absolutely perfect behind that image and sentiment! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Aileen said...

Wonderful card Lynne, great colouring and love those two characters.

Helen said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Helen x