Saturday 7 October 2017

Cat 'n Mouse

Boo hoo I'm feeling a bit yech tonight ... not surprising though, the amount of colds and bugs going round, and not helped by the number of people coughing and spluttering on the bus to work who don't know how to cover their mouths.  Pet hate of mine!

But it's Word Card Making Day and I need to get my card stash built up before I start tacking the Xmas cards, so here's a wee quickie using this old Whiff of Joy mousie.  For my background I puddled some watercolours onto a plastic and then rubbed my white card in it.  I love how it turned out, definitely less of a faff than using brushos or watercolouring.  Popped my mouse up on pads and added clear gloss and glitter to the icing.


This one uses a mixture of MFT stamps and the sentiment and mouse are from Paper Smooches.
MFT wonky stitched circular die and Woodware corner punch.  And that's it really, nice and simple!
It is a lesson however in not being so lazy - I knew when I stamped this sentiment that it wasn't the best but I carried on and used it anyway.  Should have stamped it again!

7 comments:

Claire said...

Aww what a gorgeous pair of cards. The background on the first one is a perfect backdrop to the image, really pretty colours x

Cheryl W. said...

Terrific card duo today. Your background on the first one looks perfect. I've not tried that technique yet, but I guess I really should. Your second card is sweet. As for your sentiment, you could always stamp it again on a strip of black card and then adhere it right on top of the existing one. No one would be the wiser!

Sarah said...

These are fab Lynne. I love the background on the mouse and the fab spotty paper on the cat xx

coldwaters2 said...

Two fab, fun cards Lynne the images are so cute great card designs as always
hugs
lorraine x

Daniela said...

Wonderful cards and cute images! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
x Daniela (DT)

K M Meena Herale said...

Awesome card sets,
Thank you for joining at Addicted to Stamps and More and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena DT

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x