Monday 2 October 2017

Pumpkins and footballs

We'd a gale force wind blowing today, combined with 200+ emails to look at in work, I wasn't too long before I was wishing I was back in sunny Spain ;)
Our leaves are coming down at a terrible rate, it will be no time before the trees are bare, so I added some to this month's calendar page.  My image is an oldie from High Hopes - coloured with watercolour pencils and clear gloss added to the pumpkin.  The leaves are from a Simon Says Stamp set.

I'd had my eye on this LOTV stamp for ages and then when I went to buy it, it wasn't being made any more! So I was delighted to see it on Ebay, straight into my shopping basket :)
I'm intending to use it on my niece's birthday card as she plays for her local junior team, but thought I'd have a wee practice and see how it coloured up.

I thought I would use pink grass, but I'm not sure anyone other than me would know that's what it is as I did my usual trick of covering most of it up LOL.
Image coloured with watercolour pencils, clear gloss added to the black bits of the ball and sparkle to the white stars.  MFT Wonky Circles dies.  Sentiment is an oldie from LOTV.

12 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

Both your calendar and your card are SUPER cute! I love them both. We've had nasty weather here, too, lately. It's been raining, thundering (with lightening) and the wind is blowing all the leaves off the trees. Our leaves haven't even fully changed colors yet, either! We usually have some pretty nice fall weather, so this stuff is the pits!!!

Pat K said...

Adorable calendar page. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

Jo Nevill said...

I love your calendar page and the great image you have used on your football card !
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

mixamatoasties said...

Both fab!

Thanks for sharing at FabNFunky.

Susan

Dotty Jo said...

Returning to work after a holiday is not fun! Gorgeous calendar and card, Lynne. Perhaps it won't be too long until your next holibobs, Jo x

N-Eva said...

It's really sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges .Neva

Tracy said...

Cute creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Di said...

Love the calendar page and the LOTV card is brilliant! I do love that image as Len's 8 year old grand daughter plays football - just perfect!

Thank you for coming to play in the Snippets Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

Lynne K said...

Gorgeous calender page, Lynne, and a lovely card too. Great colouring on both. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations for our Autumn Glory challenge.

Lynne

Sammy said...

what a great calendar! love it. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Lin said...

Two super cute creations!

Thanks for sharing in our 'One for the Girls' challenge.

Lin
Dream Valley

Kristina said...

Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us over at the Crafty Creations Challenges Blog.
Kristina DT

Crafty Creations Challenges Blog
Cards by Kristina