Saturday 14 October 2017

Friends and family ... look away now!

I haven't made a card all week, I've had a real stinker of a cold, so this is me getting inky today thanks to some new goodies delivered by my Postie this morning :)

I've jumped on the 'Snowy' bandwagon for my Christmas cards this year .... Normally I make a rake of cards and then it's a mad last minute panic to get my own made so I'm getting ahead of the game this year.  I've loved the Penny Black snowman cards I've seen, so probably all the cards I'll be sending from me this year will be a variation on this snowman / background theme.

Coloured with watercolour pencils; sparkle added to the pink bits on his hat/scarf/snowflake and then clear gloss and lots of glitter to his hat.  Snowy popped up on foam pads.

13 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

Fabulous card! I love this chubby snowman, and how you've colored his scarf and hat (and the snowflake) pink. You've made a perfect little winter scene.

Leanne Harris said...

awww this is so cute Lynne, a really pretty card and that pink snowflake finishes it off perfectly. I hope you're feeling much better now and I'm really pleased that you've used the lovely Penny Black stamp on your entry - perfect! Thank you for sharing this with us at Penny Black and More Challenges, Leanne DT xx

brenda said...

Such an adorable creation with Snowy and really liking the soft pinks for a seasonal card, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

newbie85 said...

Good for you, Lynne!!! I love this little snowman also!!!! He is a cutie, and your card is beautiful!!! LOVE it!!!!

Vicki said...

Your cards are do darn adorable. I really enjoy opening my emails from you and seeing your creations. They bring a smile to my face :)

Sarah said...

This is really lovely Lynne, the background is brilliant and I love Snowy I pink. Hope you stay safe in the storm that's headed your way xx

Leigh Penner said...

This is so cute! Great take on the sketch!

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful take on the sketch, Lynne! I love the Snowy theme and the color combo, too

Jane said...

Oh how I love your card! The pinks look amazing against that twiggy background. Thanks for playing at the HLS Christmas challenge.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is awesome, Lynne. Gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing with us.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Daniela said...

Such a sweet card and great design, love the image! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
x Daniela (DT)

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
hugs Samantha :0)

susiestacey said...

A lovely card and my favourite snowman.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Close to nature' challenge and good luck x Susan x