Tuesday 17 October 2017

Wedding Congrats

Well I'm still here, Ophelia didn't quite blow us away.  Very sadly there were 3 fatalities down South, but up here we were mostly trees blown over, gates blown off etc so I think we got off very lightly.

I hadn't intended to go for this golden colour theme but I was looking for different DP and then I found this stuff ... and then covered most of it up anyway ;)

I don't know what I did before I discovered the splatter effect.  This looked a bit unfinished until I added the gold spalts ... of course I decided I would do it after I'd added the clear gloss to my roses so it was a bit of a faff trying not to get any on my bride and groom!

Coloured with watercolour pencils and sparkle added to the trim on her dress.

12 comments:

PJ said...

You did a fabulous job with your card. You're coloring is spectacular. I love the little hearts along the side. I've not watched that movie.. but your captured the title of it perfectly.

Cheryl W. said...

Beautiful wedding card! I like the golden color and highlights you've added. You are the best "splatterer" I know. Whenever I try to do it, it looks like something got spilled on my card.LOL

Jane said...

Gorgeous golden delight, love the splatter effect too! Thanks for playing along with the Inspired by a Film Challenge at AAA Cards.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Always Fun, good luck!!! Amy DT

Melissa L. said...

Lovely card, Lynne. Beautiful job coloring and designing it. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards Inspired by a Film challenge.

Cheryl said...

Love the gold color theme! Great coloring too. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards challenge.

Karen Letchworth said...

Such a sweet card, Lynne. Thanks so much for sharing it in our challenge.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Lynne! Always one of my fav wedding images. So glad you weren't too badly hit by the storms, Jo x

MagsB said...

Absolutely beautiful, Lynne! I'm so glad you're safe after Ophelia!

love Mags B x

K M Meena Herale said...

Awesome card, Thank you for Joining us at Happy Little stampers and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena HLS WC DT

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Lynne I love the softness of the colours also that fabulous image a very romantic creation
hugs
lorraine x

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous wedding card and I love that heart border - such a great finishing touch!
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x