Sunday 22 April 2018

Birds and more birds

Sunday evening already!!  How does the weekend go so fast!  We'd a really gorgeous couple of days there, it almost felt like summer.  Saturday was a great day, we got loads of weeding done in the garden and washing dried on the line.  I also got ate alive by the midges who were out in full force after a bit of sunshine, and then I stubbed my toe on the kitchen door OUCH! (or words to that effect!)  It's blackening up nicely, but I don't think it's broken.
Anyway we're back to normal service with the weather today and the rest of the week by the look of it - rainy!!

This is one of those cards that didn't photograph well - the green is more green than it is here and looks much nicer in real life.  I've used my old Tim Holtz birdie which hasn't seen ink for a while - coloured with watercolour pencils and then popped up on foam pads.  Gummiapan leaf dies - little red sequins from stash.  Doodled border.

This card was based on Kim's card over at the Muse challenge
I don't normally share cards that I've copied, but wanted to keep a record of this one for a work mate who's got a new job.  It was inspired by Marieke's much superior card  here - I'd been stuck for inspiration for ages until I spotted this!

8 comments:

Ardyth said...

Both fabulous bird cards, Lynne! I'm sorry about your toe and your rain but glad to hear you enjoyed the sun while it visited! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week!

Cheryl W. said...

I love both these cards. I need to get my TH birds out again, too. They're such fun images for cards. Those gulls are pretty awesome, too. Lauren will love this card!

Susan said...

Terrific card. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Kim Heggins said...

Lynn, this is just so sweet! Love both of your sweet bird cards, simply adorable. Your first bird is so much fun, love the look on it's sweet face. Take care of your toe! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Muse.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both wonderful cards, love your Birdie card with the greenery behind it. Thank you so much for joining us in our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Faith TTCRD DT
Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Patti said...

Cute cards!! I love the use of google eyes : ) So fun!!

I hope your toe feels better and the sun comes out too!

Sandra said...

Both cards are so cute, love all the silly birds. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Neets B said...

Great cards, love the soft colouring of your bird and the sequin 'berries' you added to your leaves. Always love seeing those gulls, been after that set for ages! And all it seems to be doing down here in Devon is raining, so you're not alone!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x