Saturday 24 November 2018

Jingle Bell Rock and Snowy

So this was one of those special request cards that just makes you sigh!  The daughter of a friend in work wanted a card for her Geography teacher with a rock and the words 'Jingle Bell Rock' on it and I was totally stumped!  The only rock-type image I have in my stash that isn't part of a bigger image was this little mountain.  I don't even know if it looks like a mountain on it's own! It also took me absolute ages to find my little jingle bells - one of those things I'd seen recently but had no clue where they were! Anyway, this is the best I came up with.  I added some silver snowflakes to make it a bit more Christmassy and added some red glitter card arrows.
  • Allsorts #495 - inspired by a song - Jingle Bell Rock
This one was much more fun to make with good old Snowy ;) 
Coloured with watercolour pencils, sparkle added to his hat and scarf, and glitter to his hat trim.  Sentiment and snowflake cut from mirror card.  

12 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

You did an incredible job on that "Jingle Bell Rock" card. I would have been at a total loss! I think the young girl will be very proud to give it to her teacher. Snowy is super cute, as always. Especially since he's decked out in a bit of sparkle.

brenda said...

Great design and creation for your song choice, perfect for our theme this week at Allsorts, thanks so much for joining in.

B x

Janette said...

Both cards are amazing, the jingle bell rock card is brilliant, you must have had a light bulb moment for that one it looks great, the snowman is adorable and I love the ice blue colour...Thankyou for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week and good luck in the challenge.x

Dotty Jo said...

You certainly rose to the challenge, Lynne! Bravo you! Always good to see Snowy, Jo x

coldwaters2 said...

Two super cards Lynne love them both especially the second one it is soooooo cute
hugs
Lorraine x

Sarah said...

Well I think you have achieved your brief with the Jingle Bell Rock...It's Fantastic!! Lovely to see Snowy too, I still haven't got my stamp out this year and time is running out...eeeek!! xx

Barbara said...

gorgeous duo of cards!!! Love both but the little snowman is my favorite! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

Patti said...

Girl!! your Jingle Bell card is amazing!! A+++++ wow I love it! I'm sure your friend did too!! and Snowy never looked so cute!! sweet as can be!! Great design and fabulous color combo!!

Mervi said...

Both lovely and happy cards!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Mummylade said...

Great job on a tricky request :) thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.

Suze said...

Lovely cards. Thank you for joining in the challenge at CHNC with an optional twist of Make Your Own Background.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

What fun with a bit of sparkle. Gotta like all that blue too. Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS and sharing your take on the sketch challenge.