Wednesday 7 November 2018

Stars for Stanley

We'd another horrible wet old day today, lots of flooding about and traffic jams left right and centre.  Just a dark dreary day all round!
So I thought I'd get on with making this card for Mum's friend.  It turned out to be a longer process than expected when I lost the 'r' from my alpha set and a whole search ensued before I thankfully found it at the far end of the kitchen!  Looking for stuff is top of my list of things that annoy me most! My Christmas sentiment die is still on the missing list grrrrr

Anway, a nice easy card here.  I embossed some little stars on the sparkly strip, but put the embossing folder the wrong way round and debossed it instead, so they don't really stand out at all.  But sure if I hadn't told you that you wouldn't have known ;)  MFT stars dies and alpha stamps.  I thought the left hand side looked a wee bit bare, so I added a few little silver sequin stars.

6 comments:

Angela B. said...

Thank you so much for entering the challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
Hugs & Craftiness,
AngelaThrough The Craft Room Door DT
Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
http://craftrmdoor.ning.com/

Cheryl W. said...

Oooooh, I love the sparkle. So great that you cut the numbers out of the glittery cardstock, too. I think this card is going to make Stanley feel really special. We had a cold day here today, too--but with SNOW, instead of rain. I guess there were a few fender-benders on the roads this morning because the roads were icy. Glad I don't have to be out the door in the wee hours for work any more.

Kath said...

A fabulous card - a great design and lovely sparkle too.
Kath x

Creaine said...

Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges. Very nice and Good luck!
Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Mary-Anne V said...

This is a wonderful masculine card. Question...did you free hand the bday sentiment or is it a stamp? Love to know the set's name. jeandonny2000 at hotmail Dot com

Marlene Atkinson said...

I am sorry your card will not be in the draw as your card has no punched elements on your card. Marlene