Sunday 3 March 2019

An old pot of tulips

My tulips aren't quite out yet, so I thought I'd go for the stamped version instead ;)  I bought this Penny Black stamp second-hand many moons ago and it still gets an inking - I reckon it says a lot for the quality of Penny Black stamps that one from 1999 still stamps perfectly!!

Coloured with polychromo pencils and clear gloss added to the blooms.


For this one, I smooched my background with watercolours and then added a wee heart die.  My little girl is popped up on foam pads, and then I doodled in her 'bounce''.  Nice and easy and I love how it turned out!

7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the tulips. We have a few very early ones flowering. PB stamps really stay the distance don't they. I have a beautiful Japanese image from another company which has broken down and gone sticky and I'll bet it's not that old. Love the little girl on her pogo stick, Jo x

Cheryl W. said...

I love how both your cards turned out. The tulips are so pretty and your little bouncing girl is sweet, too. the little extras you add (like the hearts in the background) make your cards really special.

Joyce said...

Your tulips are gorgeous and perfectly colored. Love the little water droplets. I came over here from CASology, where I was drooling over your little girl bouncing along on the pogo stick. That is really so fun and unique. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Jane said...

Really sweet and adorable image, fabulous card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you joining in with future challenge too.

Pat said...

Beautiful cards, love your tulips and the sweet image on the second card, thanks for joining in our challenge at MTTC.

Pat xx

Sarah said...

Fab cards Lynne, the tulips are gorgeous and the background on your second card is fab behind that sweet little girl xx

Helen said...

Fabulous cards - love those bright & cheery tulips!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x