Sunday 14 April 2019

A hug and some booze

Quite often when my mojo is missing I go off blog hunting, and I found THIS gorgeous card by my buddy DottyJo which 100% inspired my layout and inky background!

 I've used an oldie from High Hopes - coloured with polychromos, popped up on foam pads and gloss/glitter added to his collar.  Not sure of make of sentiment die, possibly Gummiapan
  • As You Like It - favourite animal - well if I was at the zoo it would be the monkeys but my favourite 'regular' animal has to be our wee Ruby.  Thankfully she's not the size of this pup, I wouldn't fancy feeding it or the bathing or the clean up either!!
  • Pixie's Snippets Playground #350 - I'd a wee snip of inked card left over so used it for my sentiment.

 I was the lucky winner of one of Di's goodies over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop a while back and this Woodware stamp was one of the lovely prizes. It's a bit wider than what I've used here, but just cut it to suit my card.

I would love to like wine and be able to sit down and 'enjoy' a glass, but I'm afraid it just doesn't do it for me.  Probably not a bad thing!  I'll just stick to the tea ;)

14 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

Both your cards are super! I love the background on the first one, and, well, I do enjoy a glass of wine now and then, so I really liked your second card, too. :)

Dotty Jo said...

Two gorgeous cards, Lynne and I love that you were inspired by my layout for your first card. Were you inspired by my lifestyle for card #2??? Lol, Jo x

Elaine Stark said...

Love your cards. A super best buddies image. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Monika Reeck said...

Sweet first card lovely little lady and the pink BG sponged so sweet too
the second card and I ready you stick to the tea me too Lynne
I am not drink any alcohol
so this card is lik me hehe
sweet image and the coloring both are wonderful
many thanks for joining with us at ATSM this time
hugs
Monika (DT)

Macimbalo said...

Awesome cards! I esp love the wine one! Thanks so much for sharing at JUGS!

Patti said...

WOWie!! these are really spectacular! I love the background you stenciled on your first card and both cards are colored beautifully!!!!! Very cool image for your second card! such fun images to color - it must have been great fun creating it!

Kim Hamilton said...

Such fun cards! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

Di said...

Wonderful cards Lynne! I so love the wee girls with her dog - cuteness indeed! AND, how clever to cut the Woodware stamp image down - I'll have to try that idea as it looks really great!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarah said...

LOL...love the post title, sounds like a good night in to me!! Lovely cards Lynne. The stencilled background on the first is so pretty and I love that stamp. She reeeeallly loves her doggy. Perfect for AYLI this time. The colouring on the boozy card is fantastic and I love how you have overstamped the edge, Woodware stamps are so generous in size xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lynne these are two fabulous cards but my heart has been captured by the first one it is so cute
hugs
lorraine x

Anne said...

Love both your cards, dogs always have to be at the top of the favourite animals list don't they!
Thanks for joining in with the AYLI challenge

Anne x
https://learningtojive.blogspot.com/
http://asyoulikeitchallenge.blogspot.com/

Bobby said...

The coloring on your first card is superb, Lynne. I'm not a wine drinker either but I do like the array of bottles and glasses that you ran 'off the edge'. Thanks for sharing that one with us at Just Us Girls.

desperatehousewifecraft said...

Love your card! Wonderful colouring on the bottles. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More and I look forward to seeing more of your cards. Hugs, Gwendolyn

Dorlene Durham said...

Great cards! I love the wine one especially. LOL Thanks for joining the challenge at Creative With Stamps. Dorlene DT CWS