Monday 1 April 2019

Christening card and a flying zebra

I'd bought this LOTV stamp a few years ago and it's never had ink on it.  In fact I had a scan through my blog and the last time I made a Christening card was back in 2013!  I was asked to personalise it so resorted to my good old peel off sentiments which haven't been used in such a long time either!

And here's a fun quickie using my flying zebra from Whipper Snapper.  I love their stamps so much but our customs always nab my packages from them and it costs a small fortune to rescue them.  Hopefully some day they'll get a UK supplier! 
Coloured with polychromos and popped up on foam pads.  Sparkle added to the umbrella and sentiment, and little blue stars to finish.  

Here's a wee photo of my lovely tulips taken yesterday in the glorious sunshine!  I've never grown them before, so I'm very pleased with them :)  Our back garden is very sheltered and gets the sun all day long so it was {nearly} a pleasure to get out and get the weeding started.  Our front garden is a much chillier and colder climate so it will wait for another few weeks before I tackle it ;)

13 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

Your christening card is really lovely. I remember seeing that baby image in years past, and I always thought it was such a sweet image. I love your flying zebra, too. I had to look where Whipper Snapper Designs are located, and I found out that they're in Wisconsin, which borders my state of Minnesota. In fact the border is only a few miles from where I live. BUT, they're all the way over on the eastern edge of Wisconsin, which makes them 5 hours away from me.

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous cards, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

Wendy L said...

Hi again, love the big bold house skyline, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Wonderful Christening card. Both cards perfect for baby and masculine cards. Thanks for sharing your great talent with us at Moving Along With The Times.

brenda said...

Two super cards and your Tulips are beautiful, thanks so much for joining in our 'Use Yellow' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Furrbster said...

Two great cards,

Thanks for playing along with us over at MAWTT,

Hugz Tinz

Sarah said...

What a lovely Christening card Lynne, beautifully coloured. That zebra is such fun and your card is fantastic. I know what you mean though about customs charges. I love The cat's pajamas stamps but just cannot justify the additional charges on top, it is such a shame. those tulips are glorious xx

Linby said...

Two great cards. I like how you used yellow. Thanks so much for joining in with my use yellow challenge at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

Mariken said...

Love your Baby-cards!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Cas on Friday!

Izzy Scrap said...

Lovely christening card ! It's good sometime to take out old stamp, they still make beautiful cards. Your flying zebra is so fun. Great colouring and designs. Your tulips are beautiful, love their colour. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Patti said...

SWEET! cards Lynne!! and I just love your beautiful Tulips! Yeah!! spring is here : )

Marina said...

That floating zebra is really cute and fun and a great 'Mary Poppins' - especially with the yellow stripy city.

That's a lovely Christening card too ....I actually have never made a Christening card or even been to a Christening ! The peel-offs work well here. I have a stash too and can't remember when I last used them.

Thanks for joining The Library.

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Lynne the first card is so beautiful a wonderful image the second is full of fun and delight love them both
hugs
lorraine x