Tuesday 23 April 2019

Butterflies!

Well that's the Easter holidays over and back to work tomorrow boo hoo.  I had a lovely time off, the weather was absolutely glorious and it's a VERY rare occasion that we be looking for sandals and summer trousers for Easter Sunday!! But I see normal weather is on it's way so I'm 'almost' glad I didn't use up some of my holiday leave for the rest of the week ;)

I'm still in 'oldie' mood with my stamps (I feel a shopping trip is nearly due and it's partially a guilty conscience ha!) And it's turned out that both have a bit of a butterfly theme going on!

This first one's from High Hopes from quite a few years ago.  Coloured with polychromos, sparkle added to his spots and gloss/glitter to the flower centre.

I saw a card like this recently but can't recall where - with stencilling within a circle - so if it was you, Thank You for the inspiration!

I've used an old Penny Black stamp - coloured with polychromos and then cut out and popped up on foam pads.  In case you're wondering how I get the curly fur texture, I just do all my colouring layers in little tiny scribbly circles and it kinda just sorts itself out in the end!

13 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

Love both cards. I had to take a close look at the fur on your bear. It really does look soft and fuzzy! I'll have to give your technique a try sometime. We had a very nice Easter here, too. Maybe not as warm as yours, but we were able to shed our jackets and sit outside.

brenda said...

Two really sweet creation and love the happy Froggie, many thanks for joining in with our 'Blossoms, Butterflies and Bugs' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Michelle W said...

Adorable card Lynne and I love the subtle stenciling! Thanks for joining us at Less is More. I love visiting your blog to look at your cards as well as your gorgeous Westie!

Flo said...

I love your bear and butterflies card—reminds me of a Winnie the Pooh moment.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

What a sweet pair of cards, your froggy is just darling, awesome die cut sentiment and pattern paper.
Your little fussy bear is adorable too.
Thank you for playing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
Hugs.

Ellibelle said...

Two adorable cards, Lynn.
Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Lin said...

Thank you for sharing another adorable card in our 'Bears' challenge.

The frog is pretty cute too.

Lin
Dream Valley

Sarah said...

I never thought I would say that I love a frog...but I do!! He is so cute. As is that sweet bear actually. I nearly got my summer clothes out as well. Lucky I didn;t as it's rain, rain and more rain for the next week!! xx

Kathleen said...

Two fun cards, cute imag s and like the style of the sentiment on the first card. Thank you for joining our Blossoms, butterflies and bugs challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

coldwaters2 said...

Two fabulous cards Lynne love that fun frog also the cutie Teddy top notch makes
hugs
lorraine x

Nonni said...

The texture on your bear looks wonderful, great job with your pencils! Love the soft, stenciled background... Perfect fora subtle CAS look! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

ElizStewart said...

Lynne... love both of your cards! Froggie is too cute...but the teddy steals my heart! Thanks so much for joining us at Retro Rubber this week.

LeAnne said...

These are both cute as can be...love that little froggy one, your coloring is superb! Thanks for sharing these at Retro Rubber this week! :D