Saturday 8 February 2020

Alexandra's birthday card and some Drinkies

Well it's definitely a weekend for battening down the hatches!  We've Storm Ciara visiting and it's a bit wild outside, but a good evening for getting the heat on and your pencils out!

I was very lucky recently to win one of the challenges over at Simon Says Stamp and I got this little cutie (from Purple Onion Designs) with some of my $$$.  It's for my niece who turns 10 soon, she's not a girly-girl (more into her football!) so that's why there's no pink!
Coloured with polychromos and I added lots of sparkle to the dandelion (?) centre and to her dress ribbon and socks.  I added the sparkly heart as she's a Valentine's Day baby.

For this one I've used an older MFT set - all coloured with polychromos and sparkle added to the drinks.  Gloss/glitter added to the edge of the fruit and the strawberry leaf.
I double mounted the sentiment, not something I do very often but it definitely made it pop a bit more.

11 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Your first card is so cute. I love the stamped image. I also noticed that your cards look perfect! Do you use a stencil? I like your second card, too. Those fancy cocktails always look so refreshing. I've taken to cutting my sentiment from the desired cardstock and then from foam board (from the Dollar Tree). I glue the cardstock die-cut on top of the foam board and then onto my card. It works great and adds lots of dimension.

Lisa Lynn said...

Both cards are adorable. The second card with the fancy drinks is so fun and colorful. Thanks for joining in the Tuesday Morning Sketches, Lisa Lynn DT.

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful cards as always, Lynne! I've been working with those cocktail stamps myself this weekend... I bet I bought the set because of you! Jo x

Kathleen said...

Two really lovely cards. A really cute mouse image, beautifully coloured and a great background and papers.
Thank you for joining our 'At least one heart' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Joan said...

Two lovely cards,love the cutie on the first one and the cocktail card is so much fun

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

Joan

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

lovely cards and coloured too. My favourite is your twinkling dandelion mouse, so adorable. Thanks for joining us this month at Daisy Chains challenges and good luck! Michelle DT x

Melissa Craig said...

Both of your cards are so pretty! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Linby said...

Two lovely cards and the first one is so cute.
Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts your card with the heart.
Lynn x
DT

Sarah said...

Two lovely cards Lynne, I love that sweet little mouse and your drinks lined up on the bar look most inviting!! Your pencil work is always so seamless xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Two lovely cards!
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge!
Susan
DT for Patterned Paper Challenge
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Marlies said...

Two lovely cards Lynne. The first one is adorable with the cute little mouse and a good idea with the age in the flower. The second is a lovely fun card. Thanks for joining our chalelnge at Stamping Sensations.