Sunday 2 February 2020

Dancing hippos and a big scary lion

It's not very often I make a card that I really REALLY love but this is one of them!  It was  bit of a faff in the making and went through several transitions and colour combos before we got to the finished effort!

I've used my little hippos (from Clearly Besotted) - popped up on foam pads and a couple of layers of sparkle added to their tutus.  Pink heart sequin and gems from stash.

I recently bought some stencilling brushes after a bit of debate.  I had kinda wondered if they were really the big whoop that they seemed to be .... and I wish I'd bought them ages ago!!
And here I've used this fab lion from Tracey Hey Alpaca Pals.  Though it's a lesson in planning your card before you get stamping as I ran out of room for my lion and I had to post him with his tail folded back!  If I'd had any sense, I would have stamped the 'be a warrior' further down in that great big space ;)

10 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Your dancing hippos are adorable and your ink blending is beautiful, Lynne! I think your new brushes worked out quite well to create such a lovely ombre effect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

karen h said...

Adorable card! Fun use of the sketch! Thank you for playing along with us at CC&S!

Anonymous said...

I really love both your cards. Those little hippos are just the cutest little critters. And their gleeful dancing makes me smile. Your little lion is sweet, too. Would it have been possible to cut his tail off and glue it in place on the other side? It may have pointed down a bit, but you could have, perhaps, angled it upwards. Just a thought.

sandie said...

You sure got the color combo right in the end. I do love grey and pink and looks like those brushes did the job with the stencil. Such an adorable card. Thanks for joining Time Out x

Patti said...

Oh Lynne! these are BOTH just the sweetest cards in Blogland!!! I love them both so much : ) You have THE sweetest products and you sure know how to bring them to life!

Jeanne said...

Both of these cards are adorable! I love how you flipped the sketch so your hippos could dance along the bottom. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

Sarah said...

Two brilliant cards Lynne. I am ashamed to say I have that very same CB hippo set and have never used it because I thought the little hippos were too small to make an impact on a card. How wrong was I? Your card is fabulous and I love the inky background xx

Anonymous said...

these are both SO ADORABLE! such cute creatures. thank you so much for playing along with the Penny Black and More challenge.
Linds

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh my goodness, this is too, too cute! I love those pink rays in the background and those dancing hippos are the sweetest. Your coloring adds so much to the wonderul-ness of this card. Perfect for our challenge at Time Out. Thanks so much for playing with us.

Mervi said...

Two fabulous and cute cards.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m