Saturday 15 February 2020

Cheery Tulips and a pretty girl

So this weekend we have Storm Dennis visiting, but so far we've gotten away with just a dreary wet old day here.  Poor Rubydoo has hardly had her wee legs outdoors all day.  It's amazing how many sleeping positions she can get in to and always manages to look so comfy!

I had a day of Spring Cleaning, so indulged myself in some colouring this evening.  This lovely tulip set is a newbie from Power Poppy - coloured with polychromos and popped up on foam pads.  I added a couple of layers of sparkle over the tulips but wanted to give them some extra pop so added some clear gloss too.




This one uses an old LOTV stamp, she's a pleasure to colour but I wish I'd placed her a bit more to the right to have more room for my sentiment, it's a bit squished up there in the corner!
I added some glitter to the edge of her mirror and bits and bobs in her makeup bag, and also the string of lights, but its not really showing up well in my photo.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Lovely cards Lynne, the tulips are a perfect nod to spring being just around the corner and your girlie looks amazing in blue. Dennis made himself known here for the last 24 hours although no damage this time!! xx

Cheryl W said...

Oh, my, I love both your cards. Your coloring is just outstanding! I need to stamp or print out some images to color--I certainly need the practice, as I don't have near the skill that you do. I do enjoy it, though, once I get going. I hope Storm Dennis doesn't do too much damage. It seems your poor island has gotten so many big storms over the past 12 months.

debby4000 said...

Love both cards, especially love the sketch one.
luv
Debby