Saturday 1 February 2020

Two sympathies and a card disaster

I've no sympathy cards left in my stash, so thought I'd get ahead and get some made.

For this first one I've used these pretty flowers from Clearly Besotted - I'm reasonably new to this brand and I must say I'm loving their stamps!
Coloured with polychromos - of course I didn't have any blues to match my sparkly card so it took quite a bit of mixing and faffing about to get it sort of the same.  I also didn't have any suitable sentiments so ended up using these old peel off gold stickers.

And this one uses my beloved LOTV stamp - I think my next challenge is to colour it something other than purple! 









And I just had to share this tragedy! It was just one of those cards that didn't want to be made!  I think it all went pear shaped when I decided to make my base the same shade of green as my holly, and I only have one green ink pad which is a horrible sludgy shade. I don't know why I haven't chucked it before now as I always hate it when I use it.  Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that I dropped my ink pad on it before I had finished!  On the bright side, at least I hadn't wasted gloss and glitter and gems on it too! 

5 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Your sympathy cards are so pretty. Purple is my favorite color, so I really, really love that second one. You were able to create some fantastic shading on those flowers. As for your disaster, I can't even count how many times I've dropped an ink pad or smudged a card with my inky fingers. It's so hard for me to just toss them in the bin, too. I usually spend WAY too much time trying to save them.

Jacquie Southas said...

Sympathy cards are so hard to make on demand - these are just lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful set of cards! Love those flowers! They are so pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Your floral cards are beautiful! And I nay have dropped an ink pad or two myself on projects......

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Gorgeous card, sorry for the inked one. Thank you for sharing your card with us at ATSM!