Sunday 6 February 2022

Another nautical card and Alexandra's birthday

Evening all!  I've had my watercolour pencils out today, but used them for my backgrounds and my polychromos for the images.
I must be in a nautical mode as this is the 3rd in a row!  I watercoloured my background and added a few little stamped fishies.  My boat is from penny Black and the DP from a Simon Says Stamp kit; the little stitched dies from Simply Graphic.  I added clear gloss to the pink strips on the boat and glitter to the thinnest strip, and a few yellow gems to finish.

Snippets Playground #421 - my 'snip' on this one is my brown strip - I didn't have a piece long enough so my band is actually just 2 separate pieces
Your Next Stamp #177 - plaid
Seize the Birthday #231 - sparkle and shine

And this one is for my niece's 12th birthday, again using a Penny Black stamp - and she actually does look like her LOL!  She's a Valentine's Day baby so I usually try to add a little heart in it somewhere if I remember.  My background for this one was inspired by Cecile's tutorial over at Simply Graphic.  I got a bit carried away with my pencil shavings, but I think it kinda ended up looking like a party background and I love it!  I'm not entering this into any challenges as a lot of the inspiration for this came from Birgit's card, but I wanted to keep a record of what I'd sent Alex! 


Its been a cold, wild, windy, showery type of day, but we managed to get out for a quick walk with Molly between the showers. The gorse hedges are in full bloom, spring is definitely on its way!!

6 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Both cards are first-rate! I love that tall, tipsy cake. I think your niece will love it, too. I loved seeing the gorse hedges in bloom. There is no chance of any blooms here, yet. It will be at least another month before even the crocuses dare to peek from under the snow.

Sarn said...

Two lovely birthday cards Lynne.
Please help yourself to a hot buttered crumpet up in the Treehouse!!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sandra H said...

So beautiful and creative cards x

Sarah said...

What fabulous cards Lynne, the ziggy zaggy detail on the yacht card is fantastic. Your niece is going to LOVE that card, the image is wonderful and who wouldn't love a cake with rainbow twinkly frosting, oh and the sprinkles background looks good enough to eat!! xx

Glenda J said...

Such a fun card! I love the colours, the great little details, the watercolour waves & fish. So fabulous. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning cards, Lynne! Love that rainbow cake - such a fun idea, Jo x