Thursday 3 February 2022

David's Birthday card

Hi all!  Last minute make here again, this time for my brother.  And I can definitely say it turned out nothing like I'd imagined it would!  My kitchen was a scene of devastation after it too, when I finished I looked round me and laughed! So here's the card that originally inspired me... this beautiful make by Mags and I thought I'd have a go at that yin and yang look!  

I masked off half my card and heat embossed it using a wave stencil and then inked up the negative space ... should have inked it beforehand instead of afterwards of course.  For the other half I just inked the stencil with no embossing.  in my head it looked a lot more striking!  But I then did my usual stunt of covering it all up anyway!! You'd think it would be a lesson on planning out your card better. But I never seem to learn!  If I had planned it I would have had my fishies slightly higher up so I had proper room for my sentiment, in fact I'd probably have moved the big skinny fish to the bottom and moved my greeting up. Ah well, it's the thought that counts LOL

I think the little fish and the circles dies are from Simply Graphic and the sentiment from MFT. 

Allsorts #661 stencil

Word Art Wednesday #529/530

7 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I'm sure your brother will love this card--especially if he likes to catch fish, eat fish, or keep them in an aquarium. I like the yin/yang background, even if it doesn't show a big contrast. Water is made up of subtle color changes anyway, right? The glittery fish are great. I think they must be glue gills. LOL

brenda said...

A super card for your Brother Lynne, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

We'll be speaking later I think!!

B x

Sandra H said...

This is a wonderful card x

Ellibelle said...

I really love how this turned out, such great details and the sparkle is just fabulous on the fish! I'm sure your brother loved it!
Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

Cynthia said...

Really fun design, Lynne. The colors and glittery fish are great. Fun effect with the partial embossing. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

Dotty Jo said...

Love the fish! Simply Graphic do some amazing dies, don't they, Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

Love the fish! Simply Graphic do some amazing dies, don't they, Jo x