Saturday 22 October 2022

Let it Snow

 I'm back with another card for my guest stint at Just Us Girls and this week's challenge is inspired by this photo..

Hope you'll play along too, pop over to see the cards made by their DT, they're such a talented bunch!

For my card I used these cute snowfolk from a Simon Says Stamp kit earlier in the year.  I added sparkle to the trees and their scarves but it doesn't really show in the pic.  I don't think I've ever used this colour combo on a Christmas card before, but I do like how it turned out! 


ABC Christmas - U is for unusual Christmas colours

As you like it - traditional or contemporary - most of my Christmas stamps are these cutie type so I guess that puts me in the contemporary camp!

15 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Oh, wow, that is super cute! I really like that color combo, too. It's a nice change from the usual holiday colors. I'll pop over to Just Us Girls now for some more inspiration.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lynne I am so glad that I have finally made it to your blog I absolutely adore this cute festive make those image are so sweet and adorable fab background I love it
hugs
lorraine x

ElizStewart said...

Lynn... just love your snowman pals! I am so glad you are with JUGS this month!

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet pair they are! This is an adorable card, Lynne!

Marlena M. said...

Love the neutral trees and foundation to back this adorable pair!

Vicki Dutcher said...

These snowpeople are TOO CUTE! I also love the colors you used :)

Bobby said...

Those snowpeople are darling, Lynne, and I love how the trees represent the 'weeds' in the photo. It may be an unconventional Christmas color combo but it works beautifully.

cm said...

Ohmystars! Your snow couple is absolutely adorable, especially in these warm colours! A fabulous take on the inspiration photo!
~carol

Nancy said...

Such a darling and perfectly inspired card, Lynne. Great job!

Patti J said...

Oh, my! You know how much I adore snowmen cards! This is so cute, and the color combination is perfect! Love this!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your little snow couple are so cute! Love your interpretation of the photo with that striped ground and the couple. So cute!

Ina G said...

Oh Lynne - cute cute cute. Love the non traditional colours. Fabulous card and nice take on our photo.

Cécile RIBON said...

Lovely take on the inspiration photo, Lynne! These snowmen are super cute and I love the very soft coloring.

Mummylade said...

Adorable stamps! Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge

Inkyfingers said...

What a fun, festive card and I love the unusual colours.
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.