Monday 13 November 2017

Aunt Cilla's birthday card

Yummmmm I'm just watching Nigella making her carrot cake on telly and I'm nearly drooling! Her recipies always sound delish, but she's hard to stick - all that smiling at her cake mix and making eyes at the camera does my head in!!

My cupboard is bare of goodies of the chocolate coated kind, so here's a calorie-free card instead ;)
I thought I was tighter for space than I actually was, I wish I'd left a wee bit more space at the top of my sentiment.
Bunny from LOTV - coloured with watercolour pencils and clear gloss added too the blooms.  Lawn Fawn stitched cloud die.  Gold peel off lines.

11 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

This is so pretty. Love the design. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Leanne Harris said...

Oh this is really rather sweet Lynne! Lovely colouring and perfect for our theme this month - thank you for sharing this with us at Penny Black and More Challenges, Leanne DT xxx

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet take on the sketch!

Cheryl W. said...

Pretty card. I love the cloud border at the top. Your aunt will love it.

brenda said...

I really smiled reading your post Lynne, we used to love watching Nigella until they 're-modeled- her for screen !

A great card though, very soft and delicate, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More November challenge.

B x

Sarah said...

Lucky Aunt Cilla!! This is so pretty and I love the pelmet at the top. We have just caught up with Nigella...loved the carrot cake but not sure about the chocolate mousse though with olive oil !! xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at AYLI Challenge,
hugs Samantha :0)

Brian King said...

What a sweet way to personalize a card. Love it!

Chrissy Larson said...

Aw! This is super sweet!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What an absolutely sweet card (even sweeter than the chocolate you were missing)! I really love the image and how you brought it to life with your coloring skills. I also like the incorporation of the cloud die! Thank you for sharing such a lovely piece with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Daniela said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
x Daniela (DT)