Sunday 5 November 2017

Card for Uncle Alwin and a thank you

We'd a day of all weather today, mad showers this morning and then a gorgeous sunny afternoon and now it's Brrrr chilly.  Def cosy PJs weather!
We were out for lunch today (and were still full at tea time!), so we'd no faffing about cooking, and I'd plenty of time to get crafty :)

This one's for my 87 year old uncle - I'd no idea what to put on his card so went for something daft and cheerful!
My fishies are from Avery Elle - coloured with watercolour pencils and a couple popped up on foam pads.  Clear gloss added to their eyes and sparkle to their fins, though my sparkle pen has developed a leak and totally wrecked another card I was making so it's in the bin now :(

There's a few Thank you challenges about, so this wee quickie is one for my stash.
I've used this cute mouse from Penny Black - sparkle added to the feather and clear gloss to the inkpot.
Little blue stars from stash.  MFT Star Die.  

10 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Stunning card... cute image
Thanks fir joining us at PBSC
Hugs Sylvie x

Debbie said...

What a fun card for your uncle!! I'm sure he'll love it!! Those fish are so cute, and I love the silver touches!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning SketchesTuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Melissa Craig said...

Haha - what a fun card! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Elizabeth Hart said...

The little mouse with his ink quill is so cute! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

brenda said...

What an adorable creation following our blue and brown colour theme, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

debby4000 said...

Adorable cards, love them both.
luv
Debby

Sarah said...

What a fun pair of cards Lynne, love the colours on the mouse card, one of my favourite combos. Stay warm!! xx

Cheryl W. said...

The card for your uncle is so much fun. I love those crazy fish! And you make them even more impressive with clear gloss and a little sparkle. I'm sure he'll love it. The Penny Black image is another cutie. Who doesn't have a soft spot for those sweet little mice. I really like the star embellishments, too.

Beverly S. said...

Hi, Lynne....if you think your weather is crazy there, you should be in Alabama. It has been warm and humid which has been making the wasps swarm like crazy! They keep coming down our chimney and getting in the den. Yipes! Both of your cards are CUTE! Love your take on the sketch at Sketch Saturday. Thanks for joining us this week!!!!

Beverly S./DT Sketch Saturday

susiestacey said...

Lovely card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Blue & Brown' challenge and good luck x Susan x