Sunday 14 March 2021

Happy Mother's Day

 


Hi folks, and a happy Mother's Day to all you mums out there.  I've always wondered why it's on a different date in the US, when we all agree on the same date for Father's Day?

This is my card for my mum, a bit different to my usual and it looked different in my head, but I'm happy with how it turned out!   My butterflies are from a new to me brand - Kwan Crafts.  I got some dimension to them by gluing them down at the centre and adding foam pads to their wings.  I've also highlighted parts of each butterfly with gloss and glitter so there's lots of sparkle.   I stencilled some bricks and then some words in the background but it all got a bit lost anyway so I needn't have bothered 😉


This one was inspired by Kristina's beautiful card and tutorial:. https://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/live-replay-underpainting-watercolor-technique/

A watercoloured background isn't one I'd do often as it's a bit of a faff waiting for it to dry properly and I could have been braver and went a bit darker with my colours, but I love how it turned out and I'll definitely give this technique a go again. 

13 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Your cards are both wonderful! I love all the colorful butterflies on the first one, with their wings lifted a bit with the foam pads. It looks like they've either just landed on your card or are beginning to take off. Your watercoloring on the second card looks amazing. I watched Kristina's video on this technique, too, but didn't try it yet. I love the soft colors you used in the background. In fact, I like them better than the darker colors that Kristina used. Glad to hear your hubs got his first jab. Hope you get yours soon, too.

brenda said...

Two really pretty and feminine cards Lynne, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'Stamped Image' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Gerrina said...

Your watercolour card looks so super! Great that bit grungy look on flowers! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

sandie said...

Bet your Mum loved her card! And what a lovely watercolour card-I think the background is perfect as it is, darker you would not see the flower colours so well. And I know what you mean about waiting for it to dry-that is why I don't do this often too! Thanks for joining us at Time Out x

coldwaters2 said...

Lynne these are amazing and so very beautiful, I love the butterflies and the second one looks fantastic, excellent makes
hugs
lorraine x

Sarah said...

Ok, so who has kidnapped Lynne?!! Seriously, I thought I had landed on the wrong page, these cards are beautiful. Hope you are doing okay xx

Patti J said...

I can see that I need to get back here in a bit! You’ve been SO busy of late, and I’ve been out of town, and missed these fun creations. Had to stop and comment on this card, it is stunning! I simply must get some watercoloring done. It’s so pretty, and I’m so scared of it! Beautifully done, sweet friend!

Mummylade said...

Such wonderful projects! Thank you for joining us this week at Allsorts Challenge

MagsB said...

Hiya, Lynne! Your cards are fabulous, and I'm dead impressed by your watercolour! So pretty! I really ought to dig out my watercolours and have another go. I hope you're keeping well and not affected by Brexit shortages. Take care!

oh - and thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

love Mags B x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Joyce said...

Your cards are both beautiful, and I especially love the unique water coloring on your Time Out card. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Inkyfingers said...

I love the soft and pretty colours on this lovely sympathy card. The embossed flowers are just gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Create Too.

Leslie said...

Love these! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Love To Craft Challenge Blog this month! We appreciate you joining us!
Hugs,
Leslie, LTCCB DT
Love To Scrap 2