Sunday 21 March 2021

I spy with my little eye something beginning with C

 Hi all!  Sunday evening already, I've had a few days off work and had a lovely time faffing about and putting my time in rightly!  A bit of gardening, a bit of housework, walks in our local park and Lough shore, and the sun even shone today when I was out doing a bit of fence painting! 

Anyways, you might spot a few cats on my blog today...


The lovely Di at Pixie's Snippets Playground's challenge today is in memory of our beloved Rubydoo.  Hope you'll play along, all you need to do to join in is to use up a scrap of paper on your card, easy peasy!

I spotted this stamp from Kwan Crafts after seeing it on Cindy's lovely blog (Stamps, paper & ink) - a couple of the eyes don't stamp right but they're easy enough drawn in.  The floral kitty is popped up on foam pads and I added gloss and glitter to his flowers.  My card just didn't look finished, but I had a scrap of red card left that was just big enough to partially cut some circles and a bit of a scalloped edge and I think that's it done now 😁


And here's the same stamps again, thought I'd join the slimline card bandwagon, but a DL envelope was the slimmest one in my stash 😉  This time I glossed/glittered elements on all the kitties.  

I should have done my middle hill a slightly different shade of green.  I had thought the embossing would work, maybe I should have left the outer hills plain and just embossed the central none. Ah well, too late now!

I stencilled in some clouds and then also used my sunburst stencil as it looked a bit bare.


Layout from MFT Wednesday sketch #533
Fab'n funky #515 - no square cards


And finally, here's a wee pic of a few of the daffodils at our park.  They are even more fabulous this year than usual, must have been our nice damp winter!

8 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Your kitty cats are fabulous! I love all the different patterns that give them character. Popping up the floral one and adding some gloss and glitter was perfect. I really like the additions of the partial circles and bit of scalloped edging, too. Now why can't I come up with embellishments like that?

Your second card would be perfect for one of my daughters who is a cat lover. There was a time when she had five indoor cats. She only has three now, which seems like plenty to me, even though I really do like cats myself.

Thanks for sharing the daffodil pic. I can't believe how many there are! We get some that grow in a park near us, but they're not nearly as prolific.

Inkyfingers said...

What a fun kitty cat card and the bright stylised cats look pretty purrfect to me!
Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More, and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh Lynne I have never seen so many cats, lol, but they do look rather good, both these cards are ACE.
hugs
lorraine x

Pat K said...

Lovely cards Lynne, the kitties are so cute. Beautiful picture of the daffodils. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

Sarah said...

Hi Lynne, I just love those kitty cats with their stars, stripes and flowers ( my favourite!!) beautifully coloured too xx

Dotty Jo said...

I spy kitties! Lovely cards, Lynne. I must get my act together and play in Di's challenge this week as it's a special challenge, Jo x

Di said...

Just lovely - even though they're pussy cats. Great use of snippets and I'm delighted you joined in to play with us for one sweet girl's memory challenge. Folk are loving the stamps set you donated- plenty of people shouting 'yes please'!!

Hugs

Di xx

Izzy Scrap said...

Two lovely cards, Lynne ! These cats are just so cute in their untraditional outfits ;-)). Love your addition of half circles on your first card. At first glance, I thought it was a die cut frame and thought it was a good idea to hold an image. So thanks so much for the fabulous idea ! And thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.