Sunday 13 December 2015

50th Birthday Card

This is a special request card from a friend in work.  I've no idea what Paula looks like or anything about her, but I reckon she'd like a huge birthday cake and a new dress for her 50th ;)

My image is from Stamping Bella - coloured with watercolour pencils.  I added stickles as the jam in the cake, Wink of Stella on the icing, clear gloss on her crown and shoes.  Gold peel off number stickers finish the sparkle effect nicely!
 I would have liked my gingham layer to have been a bit wider, but wanted to get this snippet used up.

Layout from Sketch Saturday #391
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge #257 - anything goes
As You Like it ... masculine or feminine - I definitely feel it's easier to make girly cards, I seem to have much fewer male themed stamps and papers.
Pixie's Snippets Playground #207
Bunny Zoe's Crafts Nov/Dec - sparkle

10 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

I agree that it's easier to make girly cards. I think there are simply fewer masculine products available and not nearly as much inspiration for them online. Your card today is super cute, though. The birthday celebrant will love it, I'm sure!!

Jackie said...

Wonderful card Lynne, I am sure thast any 50 year old would love it :o)
Jackie xx

Di said...

This really is a darling card Lynne - I bet the recipient loves it! I love that you 'wanted to ge the gingham snippet used up' :) Sometimes I'm scared my huge pile of snippets will stake a takeover bid here!

Hugs

Di xx

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Lynne love that image a super make
hugs
lorraine x

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card Lynne. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Kat W said...

This is a lovely feminine design and I love this fab image and the pretty papers :-)
Thanks for joining in our challenge at As You Like It!
Hugs, Kat x

Annette said...

I love this Uptown Girl, but found her skirt scared me!!! Love your pretty card.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
The Sugar Bowl Challenge,
Lili of the Valley,
Without Words Challenge
In The Pink Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.

Barb said...

What a great card you've made for your friend. It's happy and fun and a great use of snippets. Barbxx

Niki Rowland said...

Great card, she'll love this! I love all your use of glitter/stickles/gloss and your stitching detail, gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week, Niki xx

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes” challenge over at Penny’s.
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Come and Get It)

(DT Crafty Friends)