Sunday 6 December 2015

Blue sympathy flowers

Well it's been a much better today than yesterday, bright blue skies for most of the day.  Think we were very lucky to escape the terrible flooding up the country and over in England.  Must be awful, especially this close to Christmas.

I might try and take a better photo of this card, it looks so much nicer in real life.  I was inspired by this week's Featured Stamper over at Splitcoast ... HERE's Laine's original.
I copied her bokeh effect by diecutting a small circle in some scrap card and then chalking up pale blue, darker blue and sage.  My flowers are from a Simon Says set - coloured with watercolour pencils and then clear gloss and glitter added to the flower centres.  I also splattered my bg with some of the blue watercolour.
Dead quick and very easy to create ... I think I might make a stash of these!

12 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lynne one of the reasons that I love to visit other crafters blogs is seeing the great diversity of styles in crafting, the heavily embellished the quirky fun style and this wonderful, lovely soft, delicate and quite beautiful style, the simplicity of the design, the colour and image is quite enchanting I love it so much.
hugs
lorraine x

Kathyk said...

This is just lovely

Kathyk

Cheryl W. said...

I like the soft pastel colors of your bokeh pattern. They don't detract from your pretty flower image and add an interesting background effect. Pretty card!

Nana said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

Jackie said...

Perfect card for the sad occasion, I love your background...hugs
Jackie xx

papierelle said...

Soooo beautiful!!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautiful use of those blue and green shades and a delightfully coloured image.
We do like to see a little more white space but thanks so much for sharing at Less is More this week. Sarah x

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at Penny's

Helen x

Anne said...

Lynne what a soft and pretty card, love your background...
Thank you for joining us.
Anne
"Less is More"

Sue - said...

Lovely spring-like card. Great bokeh background too!

Chrissie said...

I'm really tardy in visiting this week Lynne
This is just lovely, I think these stamps are super and you have made a fab card with them!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Neets B said...

As Sarah mentioned we do prefer to see some white space, but you're forgiven this time as this is just beautiful. Gorgeous in fact!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More