Saturday 5 December 2015

Graduation card

It's been a yeuchy wet and very windy day today as Storm Desmond passed by.  Definitely NOT an outdoorsy type of day, so we got our Christmas tree up and I also got a few special request cards made :)

I don't think I've ever made a proper grown-up Graduation card before!  I did struggle with this one a bit (think it was my jazzy DP that kinda threw me), but then I figured I didn't need to colour in my whole image and reckon it looks OK!

My image is an oldie from Taylored Expressions - coloured with watercolour pencils and clear gloss added to the windscreen and bumper.  Silver peel off letters and stars.  Lawn Fawn cloud die.



6 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

Cool effect to color only the car and the driver/graduate in your image. It really draws the eye. I've really liked how you've been using that cloud die, too. It's perfect on this card!

Jackie said...

Fabulous card Lynne.
The weather has been the same here, Desmond is a very strong and rowdy boy!!!
Jackie xx

Maura said...

Great grad card, Lynee! Love the image of him driving off in the car holding his diploma! Thanks for joining our gentleman challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous, funky card Lynne I think you have done a fantastic job with the choice of both image and papers.
hugs
lorraine x

Patty Sue 2 said...

Love your water coloring it is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Good luck and please join us again. It is a pleasure to see your lovely work!

Mojca said...

Oh it looks really lovely. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. hugs! Mojca