Sunday 17 February 2019

A stork and a Bear

Just a quickie visit to blogland, for a change there's great telly tonight and I just plan to slob on the sofa for a couple of hours ;)

This first card uses an oldie from (I think) Whipper Snapper - I added some gloss to his beak and feet and some sparkle to the black tips of his wings.

And here's another oldie from Penny Black, I think it was a purchase when I first started card making
Coloured with polychromos and clear gloss added to the butterflies.  
Gummiapan butterfly and border dies - I'd a slim bit of this purple card in my pile so it was a bit of a challenge to get my dies arranged so they all fit and then with the tattered remnants there was just enough to cut my corners :)
MFT Wonky stitched circles; not sure of make of embossing folder (magazine freebie)


10 comments:

Patti J said...

So sweet! Can't choose a favorite, glad I can love them both! Hope you are well, my friend! It's been so busy here, that I've become a slim to none commenter! So sorry, trying to reform myself! Hugs!

Cheryl W. said...

Two sweet cards! And it's great how you were able to get all your die-cuts from your scrap of card. It feels good when that happens, doesn't it? Sunday night is my favorite TV night - mostly because there are British programs on.

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely cards, Lynne. Love your colouring with your new pencils, Jo x

kReN said...

Cute card and cute puppy! I am your newest follower.
Follow me at http://afourthlife.blogspot.com
kReN@afourthlife

Di said...

What lovely cards Lynne - and your snippets card is gorgeous. I love the bear of course - and they did a little series of those years ago am sure as I have one or two as well. I did grin about you jiggling your snippet to get those die cuts - I bet there was just a few whiskers of card left over. Well done!

Hugs

Di xx

Pat K said...

Such a sweet card, perfect for a new baby boy. Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge, Pat K xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Great snippets cards Lynne, loving them both, popped over from the playground. Love that top stamp, how cute is that and scrounging snippets to get out pink due cuts well done you!
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x PS I joined your wonderful blog, I’d love it if you’d pop over to one and return the courtesy. 😊❤️

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
{Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

*Vicki* said...

Two really adorable creations!! I love that stork image especially with the shinny beak on him!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Sarah said...

I love the new baby card, you just dont see storks these days, I am sure the younger generation don't realize that the stork delivers babies!!! OMG I sound like my Mother!! The PB bear is adorable too, your colouring of the fur is brilliant xx

Sue Nicholson said...

A great character for one of the boys cards, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie Challenge cheers Sue x